Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Oil Weight Are You Using?

Feedback Score
    ^ hell ya like double the price

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want to find out about the extended performance vs high mileage synthetic oils. Which is better for us to use?

Feedback Score
    ^ same here

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmnorm2 View Post
    The viscosity is too low for turbo! If the manufacturer suggests 5w-30 on the stock engine then if anything I would move up to 5w-40 with boost
    I have a supercharged car. The guy tuning my car knows allot more about this stuff then I do. He recommended me use it. I know nothing as of why. But he said if I start to consume the oil then i should run the 0w50

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    I have a supercharged car. The guy tuning my car knows allot more about this stuff then I do. He recommended me use it. I know nothing as of why. But he said if I start to consume the oil then i should run the 0w50

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    I have never heard of a boosted k20 motor running anything less than Xw30. Xw20 is too low, even for a supercharger. You should be at least running 5W30. Regardless of your setup, your oil viscosity rating should NOT be less than your motor when stock. Bad for your motor man.

Feedback Score
    i run mobil1 5w-30 all the time in my car and also did a transmission fluid change and switched to amsoil syncromesh tranny fluid also love that stuff now. great combo!!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    I have never heard of a boosted k20 motor running anything less than Xw30. Xw20 is too low, even for a supercharger. You should be at least running 5W30. Regardless of your setup, your oil viscosity rating should NOT be less than your motor when stock. Bad for your motor man.
    I'll really have to talk with him about it then. I know allot of stuff buy Like I said before I dont know much about the subject of oil so I'm a big time noob in that department

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hondahead814 View Post
    i run mobil1 5w-30 all the time in my car and also did a transmission fluid change and switched to amsoil syncromesh tranny fluid also love that stuff now. great combo!!
    Looks like I'll be making a tranny fluid thread as well, lol. Amsoil syncromesh is ok but not that good for our transmissions. You should use Redline MTL for OEM gears in our transmissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    I'll really have to talk with him about it then. I know allot of stuff buy Like I said before I dont know much about the subject of oil so I'm a big time noob in that department

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    I would definitely have a chat with him, but it seems like he's not the one to go to if he told you to run Xw20, no disrespect. Stick with the guys that know their cars, we won't steer you wrong.

Feedback Score
    I run Amsoil 5w 30 in my engine and Amsoil syncromesh in my Transmission and love the stuff .

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll be switching over to Amsoil 5w30 synchromesh tranny fluid tomorrow, I bought it ~3 years ago and never used it I'm currently running Redline MTL (70w80) and loved it. Time to see how Synchromesh is.

I'll also be switching to 0w40 for engine oil as per my tuner and a ton of other top notch guys (Geoff from FR) and see how it goes. I've been running 5w30 and 10w30, so hopefully the new stuff is awesome.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast