Thread: June 2013 ROTM: NicVerone

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

June 2013 ROTM: NicVerone

Meet [MENTION=891]NicVerone[/MENTION]’s Si coupe, aka Midori FG2. Here at BoostedK20, we’re always switching things up. A common misconception is that boosted k-series setups are for track-use only. In reality, many boosted k-series setups are daily driven. You heard right; anywhere from 300whp to 700+whp – reliably.

Nic bought his Si certified-used from Honda in 2011 with 44,000 miles on the odometer – and a history of two previous female owners. What are the odds of that?! And, the car was mint. So for all you doubters, not all girls are as bad as you think! (Salute Katrina Gedge! [MENTION=878]civicgrl89[/MENTION]) Nic’s initial intentions were to have a nice, clean, and reliable car. As time passed, however, he started getting bored and wanted more. He already had a great foundation for painting and fixing cars, so the journey began. And his intentions have remained the same, however his canvas has changed.

Nick tells us, “I use my car as a canvas. I believe it’s an extension of yourself.” And we understand completely. The bond between a car and car owner is unique and gets stronger as time goes on. You see the results as your journey progresses, adjusting the path you take along the way to find your destination. He explains, “Before I boosted it, I was just running full bolt-ons: 3" intake, upgraded J35 throttle body, and an RRC intake manifold. Since you’re can take more air in, you’ll need to push more out. So, I added a Skunk2 Alpha header complimented by a Greddy TI-C cat-back exhaust – all properly tuned to maximize full gains by [MENTION=789]VitViper[/MENTION].” He elaborates “I was happy, but I decided I needed more power. I found a GReddy turbo kit trolling Craigslist one day and I decided it was worth the drive to New York to pick it up. The trip was well worth it.”

Nic grew up in the racing scene in Philadelphia and he says he just can’t get away from it. A lot of people tell him that he’s crazy for driving his Si daily in the city, and he takes pride in that. He knows where he started from and humbly can’t stay away. It’s a lifestyle - his lifestyle. Nic’s inspiration for Midori was simple: be different. He continues, “Since I’m a full-time painter at my father’s body shop, I have the knowledge and resources to get it done. I knew if I was going to do something like this, it would have to be done correctly – no shortcuts. So, my good friend and I stripped the car down and painted everything inside and out, except for the engine bay. I like the subtle, yet clean black in the bay.”

His future plans are to change his wheel setup, freshen up the interior, and just have fun. “That’s what I built this for. Not to show off - to enjoy my lifestyle. I’m going to do me and keep the good part of the Honda game alive. BE ORIGINAL.” He never imagined that he would completely change nearly everything about his Si in just 2 years. His Si is, and always has been, daily-driven. Now, he wouldn’t hesitate to randomly show up to a car show or meet, give it a little spray-wax, and call it a show car. And we don’t blame him. Nic would like to give a shout-out to Kyle Dennon, Verone’s Collision, and Wicked Powdercoating.

Last edited by BoostedK20; 06-05-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

From Ohio but currently stationed in North Carolina
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Beautiful car.

Feedback Score
    Love it!

Feedback Score
    nice car! i love that color

Feedback Score

June 2013 ROTM: NicVerone

Looks great man

Feedback Score
    Looking good good with the color and wheels.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Midori green is soooooo gorgeous
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Midori green is soooooo gorgeous
    Favorite Honda color!!

Learning, Working, and Boosting! Apprentice Raizo777's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    Verone, FTW!