Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird Brake Sound

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Weird Brake Sound

My brakes have been a little soft lately, like a spongy feeling. I have Wilwood BBK (Dynalite) in the front with their drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads. Pedal has been mushy since the day I installed it. So I did a brake test from 45mph tonight on a side street, lightly stopping to pushing harder until I'm practically on the floor with the pedal. Then I realized how horrible my car just stopped. So, from then on, every time I hit the brakes I would hear gradual clicking sounds every time I hit the brakes. Then I pulled over and stopped. I Hit the brakes slowly down to the ground. The first time I heard fast clicks that slowed down as I pushed the pedal. The second time I heard a slight faint noise only in the right side. Third time I heard nothing. This would happen every time I'd hit the brakes to stop. Any idea? They've been on the car for about 7 months, it was a used kit. SS lines too. Thanks guys

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Weird Brake Sound

[MENTION=56]Adm_rsx[/MENTION] [MENTION=28]Spaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=49]boosted_teg[/MENTION] [MENTION=789]VitViper[/MENTION]

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Master cylinder shitting the bed?

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VitViper View Post
    Master cylinder shitting the bed?
    Not sure, how would I know? Would that be why the pedals been soft since I swapped to the BBK?

My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You positive all lines are bled completely?

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    You positive all lines are bled completely?
    I'm pretty sure but I've heard that any mushyness means air in the lines. Could be a mistake, I didn't bleed them I was in the car hitting the pedal and holding while a buddy bled them. 1 bleeder per piston on the wilwoods

My Ruckus Build

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    yeah I would definitely start by rebleeding the system for sure. I had a major air pocket in a line one time took forever to get it out. Ended up buying a bleeder kit.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    yeah I would definitely start by rebleeding the system for sure. I had a major air pocket in a line one time took forever to get it out. Ended up buying a bleeder kit.
    I'm going to do that today. Any specific suggestions? I'll be bleeding it myself, so I'll need to get a bleeder kit of some sort. Suggest away!

My Ruckus Build

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post

Got it. Bled all my brakes, took a while. The Dynalite Wilwood BBK I have up front uses four(4) 12mm locking 'nut' and "6.5mm" bleeders, one per piston. All you need to do is turn the The smallest I had was seven, so I went to Ace Hardware and grabbed a 6mm. Turned out to be too small, so I went back and grabbed a 1/4" wrench. The rest of the process went well. A ton of bubbles came out of the Wilwoods because the adapter piece for the bleeder system just wouldn't create an air-tight seal. At that point, my method was to pump until I saw the new clean and clear fluid. I would pump for a bit after the new fluid came through, then tighten it while still having vacuum and then moved on to the next one.

One thing I learned in doing my research is that any air in the system will allow your brakes to compress rather than be direct. We should all commonly know that, but what I didn't know was that the dirt obtained in the system after a year or so of a fluid change contaminates the fluid and can act similar to air in the system. So, now I've share that with you all.

I haven't driven the car yet, but the brakes definitely feel stiffer already. I'll take the car out tonight to see how things go, and I'll update you all then. Thank you guys for your help
    Last edited by Si Speed 317; 04-23-2013 at 12:21 PM.

My Ruckus Build

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast