Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Gear is a weak link

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Interesting, any details on the quality etc?
    Not as of yet. They are still testing the first batch of gears out. But as soon as the have some results I'll post some of the feedback on here.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    I'd like to give those FRANA gears a try. Whenever he sells another batch.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Yea i saw that on k20a. See the problem is basically when you get traction with all that torque it put so much stress on the drivetrain the gear just snaps. He keeps breaking 2nd b/c hes probably getting traction in 2nd where most turbo guys on street tires dont get traction till 4th hence why we all break 4th.

SPAZ if you plan on staying supercharged the frana 1/2nd might be a good deal for you and save you some money.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Yea i saw that on k20a. See the problem is basically when you get traction with all that torque it put so much stress on the drivetrain the gear just snaps. He keeps breaking 2nd b/c hes probably getting traction in 2nd where most turbo guys on street tires dont get traction till 4th hence why we all break 4th.

SPAZ if you plan on staying supercharged the frana 1/2nd might be a good deal for you and save you some money.
    In my car I have major issues with spinning. 1-2-3 gears are all useless. Except on slicks I get traction in 2nd now. I would like to upgrade/downgrade to a 5 speed trans soon and keep my 4.7 FD. What do you guys think about that setup? And soon I want the 1-2 gears from FRANA.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    i broke 2nd too about a month ago trans is apart and got everything but the main shaft :/ has anyone had to wat a while for that? the parts guy at honda said it was on backorder and didnt know when one would be in....ohhh joyyy i miss my si

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Second Gear is a weak link

Quote Originally Posted by froggyfredd View Post
    i broke 2nd too about a month ago trans is apart and got everything but the main shaft :/ has anyone had to wat a while for that? the parts guy at honda said it was on backorder and didnt know when one would be in....ohhh joyyy i miss my si
    I haven't heard of main shafts being on backorder, could be just in your area though. Toss up info and details on your tranny rebuild, a DIY for replacing a gear would be sick!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Second Gear is a weak link

I've never bought one brand new. I would find someone on a forum who's got a gearset and just buy the whole set. So now I have spares gears. I don't see why a main shaft would be on back order.
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Deff. Will take some pics to show how the gears come off and assembly i wish i hadnt taken the case apart already so i could have taken pics of disassembly...and i never thought about gettin one off some one on the forum lol. Im sure a next time will come so i might as well prepare for it i suppose but thanks for the input guys and i will start a thread on the gear swap when my main shaft arrives.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    I've never bought one brand new. I would find someone on a forum who's got a gearset and just buy the whole set. So now I have spares gears. I don't see why a main shaft would be on back order.
    ^Truth.
    Deff. Will take some pics to show how the gears come off and assembly i wish i hadnt taken the case apart already so i could have taken pics of disassembly...and i never thought about gettin one off some one on the forum lol. Im sure a next time will come so i might as well prepare for it i suppose but thanks for the input guys and i will start a thread on the gear swap when my main shaft arrives.
    DIY would be great man, I'm sure many people could definitely use it. The more info we have, the more useful the forum is and that's all based on forum member contributions. And search for the mainshaft on forums, post it on the boostedk20 facebook. You never know what you'll find.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    just updating on my mainshaft ive talk to numerous honda parts dealers to see if i could find one but no luck and nobody has any knowledge of when its coming to the USA...as of right now im told from everyone i call its on a international backorder and there is no ETA on it so dont anyone go breaking second lol

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Second Gear is a weak link

just updating on my mainshaft ive talk to numerous honda parts dealers to see if i could find one but no luck and nobody has any knowledge of when its coming to the USA...as of right now im told from everyone i call its on a international backorder and there is no ETA on it so dont anyone go breaking second lol
    Honestly there was someone on clubrsx who had a si trans I could ask him how much for the main shaft if you'd like?

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast