Thread: Boosting issue

Feedback Score

Boosting issue

Since I got the NSX I didn't drive the RSX much last summer but when I driving it I was having a boost issue. The car was tuned to 16 lbs, but now only boosts to 8 lbs and no more, haven't found any leaks. Only problem that my friends and I can see is my boost silinoid as its not properly mounted. It's pretty much just dangling in the engine bay.

Could this be my problem?

Any insight is appreciated.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Boosting issue

Sounds like it could be. I'm not sure if just dangling it could have done much but perhaps it could have.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    What boost controller are you using? what WG spring do you have in? If your WG spring is 8psi and thats all your hitting the solenoid isn't functioning. Id start by checking the wires, make sure they don't have a break from dangling around. IF they seem to check out alright, ensure that boost control is enabled in kpro just to double check. If everything still checks out maybe try another solenoid.

Feedback Score
    My boost is controlled through KPro, spring is a 7 or 8 lbs spring I do believe. I'll give what you said a try when I pull the car out of storage this weekend.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

Feedback Score
    Okay so your using a MAC solenoid . Yeah if your WG spring is what is currently regulating boost the solenoid isn't turning on it sounds like. So a wiring issue is where i am leaning currently.

Feedback Score

Boosting issue

Quote Originally Posted by 06_typeS View Post
    My boost is controlled through KPro, spring is a 7 or 8 lbs spring I do believe. I'll give what you said a try when I pull the car out of storage this weekend.
    If you have an inline fuse on the boost control solenoid see if that sucker popped. Seems like a boost control issue to me as well

Feedback Score
    Figured out my problem, after buying a new solenoid and installing it. I actually spent some time looking around the engine bay. And low and behold, one of my coupler clamps was off. Put it back on tightened it up and was back to breaking loose in third gear. Woooooo.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

Feedback Score
    Glad to hear it was an easy fix, sucks you bought the solenoid though!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That happened to me. Couldn't figure out why the car made a couple pounds less than 17psi. A week later, I relocated my battery to the trunk. Turns out, a coupler had a sliiight tear in it because it leaned hard on the battery tray metal base. Glad you found yours

And Joey, see if you can contact the owner and get him on boostedk20. That would be AWESOME

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build