Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Morphines Slowly Spiraling Outta Control Build Thread…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Morphines Slowly Spiraling Outta Control Build Thread…

So after many death threats and nagging from a good friend of mine here on the forums Adm_Rsx (Adam), I’ve decided to finally make a build thread to catalog and share this expensive journey towards some serious boost. Little bit of some boring back story here, I’m a college student and paid for majority of this build on a part time salary and the shear will of wanting to finish what I started. The car wouldn’t even be near this stage if it wasn’t for Adam’s input, knowledge about our cars, and late night visits so a huge thanks to him for all that he’s done.

Back in early 2011 my motor decided it had enough and tossed a rod through the block to make sure it got its point across. So began the long drawn out process of saving up to get the car back on the road. I first decided that I had some interest in road racing and would stay all motor. I figured I’d grab a k24 block just for the added tq and displacement. Bought one sleeved it and ran across Adam’s Rotrex build thread. At that point I was still interested in road racing and figured a supercharger with its constant powerband would be a good decision on the track, and Rotrex put up impressive numbers. I pm’d Adam back and forth with questions about which blower to get, different setups, where to buy it from, etc.

Now I believe it was a week or two before I had enough to buy the Rotrex blower that Imports vs Domestics was @ MIR (back when it was Miller vs. Palo) and I saw just how much potential our cars had and wanted to be a part of that. At around that same time my friend was finishing up his 62mm build on a fully built JDM H22 Prelude. Once he finished that out and I got a ride on a low boost tune of 10 psi I knew I had to get out of the bitch seat and behind the wheel of my own boosted machine; so I nutted up ditched the road racing idea and bought a Twinscroll 6266. I had originally intended to just have a fun street car to enjoy on a nice day… BUT fast forwarding to after I got a better job and some more parts started rolling in(Pistons, AEM, Magnus, blah blah) I ditched the street turbo with the goal of hitting the 10.5 index and bought a Twinscroll BorgWarner S400SX 67mm FMW Turbo… Now I’m aware the 62mm may have got me to my goal but I have plans beyond the 10.5 in the future and figured its easier to sell a unused turbo.

Presently as the car sits now, the sleeved K24 is sitting in the bay pretty much N/A awaiting some forced induction…I’m currently finishing out purchasing all the parts to my dual 044 fuel setup and the car will soon be headed to FREED Engineering to fabricate piping an clean up anything I see fit. A cage is obviously in the near future for competition purposes but it’s time I get this turbo set up completed and installed. From all motor- to supercharged- to turbo- to BIG ASS turbo…build is far from complete but this is it’s current state, stay tuned.

Engine

K20 head/ K24 bottom
    Benson Sleeves
    AC & Power Steering Deleted
    Heater Core Deleted
    Twist Oil Cube
    Innovative 85a Mounts
    AEM digital gauges (boost, oil, afr)
    Supertech valvetrain
    K Tuned Electric Water Pump Kit Blockoff Plate w/ Meziere Water pump
    10:1 88mm CP pistons
    Cometic Head gasket
    Hondata Thermal gasket
    Eagle H beam rods (looking to upgrade these at a later date)
    ACL bearings & All new OEM motor seals
    Magnus K Series Intake Manifold
    74mm S90 Throttle Body
    Godspeed 3 Core Half Civic Radiator (works surprisingly well, may go custom though)
    AEM ECU

Turbo Setup

Fab-Worx T4 Twinscroll Turbo manifold with 44mm Wastegate flanges
    Precision 46mm WG’s x2
    Tial 50 Q BOV
    Treadstone TRV25 (May go custom but this should definitely get the job done for now)
    FREED Engineering will be fabricating my Up-pipe, Dual WG dumps through the hood, and my Intercooler piping. As well as any custom work or fixes I think need to be done.
    MAC 4 port boost controller
    Borg Warner S400x 67mm w/Race Cover

Transmission

Clutch Masters Twin Disc (currently needs a rebuild, stg 4 competition installed for now)
    Stock 5 Speed Base Trans (Praying this will hold together until I can upgrade)
    M factory LSD
    ----Looking into buying a billet shifter box w/ Mtec Springs and hybrid cables---

Fuel

Surge Tank – Dual -10an feed with x3 -8an returns
    x2 -10an Aeromotive 10 Micron Platinum Series Fuel Filters
    x2 Bosch 044 Fuel Pumps
    Aeromotive 340lph In-tank
    Ktuned Pro1000 Fuel rail
    Weldon FPR
    FIC 1100cc’s (I assume I’ll have to go bigger in the future)
    Black Braided Lines
    **Going for dual -10an feeds to both sides of the rail then a center -8an return**

This is the general essence of the build when I can remember more I’ll update this

I love this thing...Can't wait to see how it does
    Last edited by Bottled Morphine; 03-25-2013 at 01:29 PM.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reserved

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Reserved for updates

Feedback Score
    What are the specs on that new turbo 0_o its huge

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Everybody calls him "ricer rob" in our parts so please continue here. Thanks

And sub'd
    Last edited by PetefromtheStreets; 03-25-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
    What are the specs on that new turbo 0_o its huge
    It's a 67mm Twinscroll 1.10 A/R, Turbine Wheel is 87mm

Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Everybody calls him "ricer rob" in our parts so please continue here. Thanks

And sub'd
    ...No one calls me that btw lol

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    welcome aboard bro!!

Looking sharp with the turbo setup

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    welcome aboard bro!!

Looking sharp with the turbo setup
    Hey, thanks! I really just wanna enjoy all the hard work for now until next race season, which I'm hoping to be ready for. So ill try and keep the power moderate until I get comfortable with driving it...Your build is pretty sick as well though man, can't wait to get boosted as the weather is changing for the better.

Feedback Score
    That is a huge turbo or you got small little girl hands like Adam lol.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ksboi View Post
    That is a huge turbo or you got small little girl hands like Adam lol.
    [MENTION=209]ksboi[/MENTION] your the one with the women's bball posted next to your turbo. Lol.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast