Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Morphines Slowly Spiraling Outta Control Build Thread…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    damn I love that rod you pulled out!

Real nice intake manifold you have too!
    Haha right?! Live an learn though I try an monitor everything I can with this new motor now. An yeah I haven't seen too many rsx's with a Magnus manifold, I liked that it has built in velocity stacks so I figured I'd try it out! Was gonna go with a center feed but this should prove fine.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is a huge turbo! You may want to look into a cosworth headgasket though for the powerlevels and boost levels you'll be running.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Morphines Slowly Spiraling Outta Control Build Thread…

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    That is a huge turbo! You may want to look into a cosworth headgasket though for the powerlevels and boost levels you'll be running.
    Cosworth? Haven't heard of em before. I'll check that out though, thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just in doing a quick search in that head gasket I only saw a 90mm bore gasket. And it was only 1.1mm thick. [MENTION=789]VitViper[/MENTION] what gasket are you using? I saw you put some more torque on the head bolts as well, what were those specs if you don't mind me asking.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Vit is using cosworth pretty sure. That's why I recommended it. He lifted his head running like 25 psi or whatever. He got a better head gasket, pretty sure cosworth, and torque the arp head studs above their rating to prevent the head lifting. And cosworth is a company that makes formula one engines and stuff like that.
    Last edited by aLmk; 03-28-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Vit is using cosworth pretty sure. That's why I recommended it. He lifted his head running like 25 psi or whatever. He got a better head gasket, pretty sure cosworth, and torque the arp head studs above their rating to prevent the head lifting. And cosworth is a company that makes formula one engines and stuff like that.
    I understand that. But I wanted to know if he used some specific numbers while torquing the head down after lifting. He said it lifted at 19lbs I believe it over 700whp.
    Tire slayer

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ya I don't remember the exact boost levels but he has a big turbo so it is moving a LOT of air at 19 psi. Isn't arp's rating 80ft/lbs? I think he may have gone to 100. But hopefully he chimes in here.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ya I don't remember the exact boost levels but he has a big turbo so it is moving a LOT of air at 19 psi. Isn't arp's rating 80ft/lbs? I think he may have gone to 100. But hopefully he chimes in here.
    Yea I believe arp is around 80ft/lbs. I haven't don't a k series yet so I haven't looked that up. That info I think I remember seeing it on his website "myvtecbroke".
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Yea I believe arp is around 80ft/lbs. I haven't don't a k series yet so I haven't looked that up. That info I think I remember seeing it on his website "myvtecbroke".
    Imma buy that Mac controller soon from him. It's good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Ya I think 80 is he standard torque rating for arp head studs. He over torqued them in an effort to fix his head lifting I think that and cosworth head gasket did the trick.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast