Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceLAB's K-Series powered MR2 project

Feedback Score
    Just received our runners and stacks in. Got it all just put together to snap a few pics. All the parts looks great. As long as they work half as good as they look, we will be fine lol

Angel got the intake manifold all fitted up to check clearance in the car and to determine proper TB orientation. So far fit is spot on to what we had envisioned.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment-The-Dragon View Post
    Updates?
    Hey Ted, not much has been done except for ordering parts. The only work completed was cutting out the trunk and rear firewall and Angel fabricated the end tanks for the intercooler. We will be posting more pictures and info as we have more time. The intercooler will have a full length shroud made to help those fans pull air from the entire core. And let me say that these fans move some serious AIR.

We purchased the following:

Complete Fuel system

Two 12" SPAL fans for our intercooler

XS power Battery

Feedback Score
    We haven't posted an update for quite some time so we figured it was a good time since we are completing some of the larger parts of the project.

To start off , we purchased and began putting together our air to air intercooler setup. It is based off a Garrett core rated to handle 1260hp. Obviously airflow won't be as great as on a vehicle with a front mounted IC so the core is overbuilt to hopefully provide the cooling we are after. To move air through the core, a custom fan shroud was built to house 2 Spal 12" high performance fans. Hopefully the combination of the intercooler's size and the two quality fans drawing air through the core will be enough to keep our charge temps in check.

We also finally measured and ordered our DSS Pro Level axle setup. It uses a Porsche style inner joint and DSS's own outer joint/oversized hub. This particular kit uses a larger diameter intermediate bar, as well as a spool instead of a differential.

Also, the shifter cable/shifter box setup has already been figured out and we are in the process of ordering custom length cables from the good guys over at K-Tuned. We will post more updates as we go along.

Thanks for reading. :thumbup:

Feedback Score
    Here are a few recent update photos. Built 2.0 is in the car now. Axles are in, Shifter is in and functioning. Fuel system needs to be installed as well as downpipe/dumptube/intercooler pipes and few other odds and ends.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    OMG I want!

I can't wait to see your finished intake manifold! I wish I had your resources and fab skills!
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Holy hell this is an amazing build. You guys do some incredible work. That intercooler is insanely thick! Are you guys going to be running the stock engine or is that going to get built later on? there is actually a good bit of room in the back of that car!

Feedback Score
    Wow the best of both worlds right there Honda / Toyota thats gonna be sick

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What an awesome build! Where are you guys located?

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    awesome build u have going here!!! i really love your intake manifold

Feedback Score
    We finally got her running and took her for her first drive. Must say it feels good to finally hear her run and drive.

Here is a quick video of the first drive:

http://youtu.be/AVMnxOZtJBU

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast