Recently, we have received complaints from a member with issues on various topics, such as abiding by forum rules for our marketplace (section for selling/buying used and new items). Typically, these types of situations are not to be given attention (because of the sale rules each user agrees to have read and abide by, we would just take the proper administrative action and continue on with our day), however this is an important topic I feel is necessary to share with the community.

Recently, a member posted a sale thread about a service they offered with zero regard to site rules. Rather than message a moderator or myself to let us know what they intended to do on the forum, they told members to PM them about a service and would then give them a price and explanation of this service they would provide. To come onto a forum with zero posts, zero information, and their first two posts go directly against site rules, we decided to be kind and give a warning infraction. The user replied stating they are just trying to help, and wants me to delete their account because they want nothing to do with this forum. Their actions proved they are trying to help, however they were trying to help their pocket, not the community. Now, you would imagine that they would've created an introduction thread of their history/background and work they have done for people in the past, with their results - not the case. What they did goes against directly against site rules, which are posted above the entire marketplace section. The following are the rules that were broken, in no specific order:
  • (1) "Please be as descriptive as possible in your sale posts. Price MUST be included in all for sale threads." No price was stated or even implied.
  • (2) "NO COMMERCIAL POSTING!... All commercial posts will be deleted and user is subject to account being banned... Any company interested in advertising their goods/services on BoostedK20 must contact a moderator and become a sponsor.." User make a commercial post without any staff contact of becoming a sponsor/vendor.
  • (3) "Any sale rules must be posted by the seller when the thread is initially opened. You must have all the guidelines that pertain to the sale outlined in the first post when the thread is opened. This is to protect both the buyer and seller from ending up in a situation that is detrimental to both parties. Changing the rules of the sale after the thread has been started will result in immediate thread closure. No questions asked." User told members to PM them, and publicly posted a contact number. No guidelines were posted publicly.
  • (4) "New User Restriction - To protect our members from quick buck scammers, and to weed out commercial profit scrubs. you must have 25+ viable posts, and be a member for at least 20 days in order to sell or buy anything in the Marketplace - Parts For Sale section. If we witness evidence of a users spamming replies and posts just to get their post count up, they will be banned." User created a commercial sale thread with zero posts. Self explanatory.

I know this is a long read and we are almost finished, however I want to remind everyone why these rules are created:
- Taking and attaching detailed pictures of the seller's parts for sale with a username, date, and forum URL may be a bit tedious at times and take a bit longer to post, however it is a vital component of ensuring the safety of our members. This will help both the seller and possible buyers, and prevent possible part issues from being unseen prior to purchase and/or arrival of said parts.

- Requiring members to have a specific minimum post count and minimum time span of membership is another aspect that prevents members from buying parts from bad sellers. The same goes for buyers.

On behalf of the BoostedK20 Staff, we would like to kindly remind everyone that we have set our forum rules specifically to keep the members of our community safe, and out of harms reach in the best way we can. Though it is not our responsibility to regulate private sale items between sellers and buyers, we feel that we should do everything we can to ensure both seller and buyer safety. If we can set rules and review sale threads to make sure they are in the created in the best manner that we see fit for the safety of both sellers and buyers, we will do just that. We have been, and still are, both sellers and buyers for new and used parts. At the end of the day, we cannot completely prevent a 'sale gone wrong' but we will do and are doing everything we see fit to prevent these situations from happening.

We are a forum and website about the quality of members of our community, not about the quantity of members. Thank you for reading this, and I hope this clarified a few things for members.