Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6465666 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Well compression and leakdown came back OK. But he said he feels the noise is definitely something in the bottom end, like either piston slap, or a wrist pin going bad. He says he doubts it's a bearing as I would likely be experiencing oil pressure issues. He said he thinks the noise is worse than the last time he heard it, which was in August or so. He said the next thing to truly do is to tear down the motor and see what's going on :sadbanana: :think:
    Dang that sucks man, bud a stock motor wont last too long i can tell ya that

Feedback Score
    Well compression and leakdown came back OK. But he said he feels the noise is definitely something in the bottom end, like either piston slap, or a wrist pin going bad. He says he doubts it's a bearing as I would likely be experiencing oil pressure issues. He said he thinks the noise is worse than the last time he heard it, which was in August or so. He said the next thing to truly do is to tear down the motor and see what's going on :sadbanana: :think:
    Well pulling it apart now is better than waiting til the noise stops as it may do a lot more damage if you continue to wait and drive it with the noise .

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Well pulling it apart now is better than waiting til the noise stops as it may do a lot more damage if you continue to wait and drive it with the noise .
    very true, thats what i did and it was the rite move. Motor was salvageable

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ya once I get it home it won't be driven till it's fixed.

Feedback Score
    Ya once I get it home it won't be driven till it's fixed.
    These engines are pretty straight forward well designed lil monsters are you gonna build it or have somebody build it for ya ?

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These engines are pretty straight forward well designed lil monsters are you gonna build it or have somebody build it for ya ?
    I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do quite yet. Either rebuild it myself, get a stock bottom end, or part out and move on.

Feedback Score
    I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do quite yet. Either rebuild it myself, get a stock bottom end, or part out and move on.
    Part out nooooo man don't part it man I see so many people do that and I understand it but don't ya think you would miss it ? I have been thru the ringer with my car and have almost parted it twice myself but did not just take some time to think it over .

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Part out nooooo man don't part it man I see so many people do that and I understand it but don't ya think you would miss it ? I have been thru the ringer with my car and have almost parted it twice myself but did not just take some time to think it over .
    x2

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ya I will definitely miss it. I don't think I'll part out. I just need to take a break, save up some money...

Feedback Score
    As someone who just parted out you will 100% miss it the torque is missed the first time you drive I honestly kinda hate this car n/a, but I wouldn't blame you either way. At the end of the day fwd sucks and with the money you have sank into your car recently you probably could have an Awd turbo car or something else. Just don't jump to a conclusion, think it through and do what you think is best. Having a car that is constantly down sucks I know first hand, but most of the people advising against partouts typically also have daily drivers!!! :hiding: they dont know the pain of sourcing rides (or in my case riding a bike as a daily) when you need it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6465666 ... LastLast