Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5455565 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Well I didn't just discover this noise, it's been going on over a year.

I raced on it two weeks ago with the same noise I have a spare bare block if the worst happens.
    Oh gotcha it's not a new noise. Well that's how I felt when I last went to the track 2 weeks ago. I have my built Motor back so I was going to really turn it up but the trans started giving me a issue and broke something before I could.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    How many psi are you running on new setup?

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilwhit14 View Post
    How many psi are you running on new setup?
    At most on the street like ~16 psi in 4th, which is ironically slightly less than the previous setup, which in the summer was running around 17 psi, but I'm making just about 100whp more with this one.

Feedback Score
    So you are making how much on 16 psi on pump? All the graphs confused me. Lol

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilwhit14 View Post
    So you are making how much on 16 psi on pump? All the graphs confused me. Lol
    About 450.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just got home from Cecil. Only could make one pass, pretty disappointed about that. So many people there and so many break downs.... Waited like 2 hours in line and then I ran a ducking 12.044 at 119 :cornmad: that was hitting the limiter in second and not power shifting. I definitely would have done 11s if I had even just not hit the limiter. O well learned my lesson, back to going on Wednesdays when serious racers and less people go.
    Last edited by aLmk; 10-18-2013 at 11:53 PM.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    I just got home from Cecil. Only could make one pass, pretty disappointed about that. So many people there and so many break downs.... Waited like 2 hours in line and then I ran a ducking 12.044 at 119 :cornmad: that was hitting the limiter in second and not power shifting. I definitely would have done 11s if I had even just not hit the limiter. O well learned my lesson, stock to going on Wednesdays when serious racers and less people go.
    Ah, it happens. Powershifting may not be as necessary, butbdo you have any vids? How'd you launch, what tires? Burnout in box or out? Details!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Ah, it happens. Powershifting may not be as necessary, butbdo you have any vids? How'd you launch, what tires? Burnout in box or out? Details!
    Vit told me he lost ~.2 sec ET by powershifting. Unfortunately no video of me, I want to get a go-pro. For tires I was using 24.5'' M&H racemaster slicks. I drove through the water box and did my burnout with the front wheels past the water box; this let me pull a 1.72 60'.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well compression and leakdown came back OK. But he said he feels the noise is definitely something in the bottom end, like either piston slap, or a wrist pin going bad. He says he doubts it's a bearing as I would likely be experiencing oil pressure issues. He said he thinks the noise is worse than the last time he heard it, which was in August or so. He said the next thing to truly do is to tear down the motor and see what's going on :sadbanana: :think:

Feedback Score
    power shifting will keep the boost from dropping between shifts. I tried and checked my datalogs before. from 3-4 gear not letting off the gas, i dropped from 18 psi to 17psi. Previous run not power shifting, 18 to 9psi. It does work, however its bad on our transmissions :P
    2001 Boosted Built k20a2 Billet BB 6766BB

2013=579whp 406trq @ 24 psi c16
    10.87@137mph

2014= 510whp 370trq @ 18psi pump gas

2015= 7xx @ 30psi??

Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5455565 ... LastLast