Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
Take and make a boost leak tester from home Depot. Connect it to the intake of the turbo. Fill it with 20lbs of pressure from a air compressor and that will expose any leak no matter how small and spray the connections with windex. That will bubble up and show a leak Check all coupler connections and clamps I know having so many of them some don't get tightened as much as others just due to forgetting about them all.

s4 petefromthestreets
I still don't see how a leak in my charge pipes would cause me to creep to 18 psi. If I had a leak boost would drop not rise.
Quote Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
I got an email from the mention so here's my 2cents worth. Remove the wastegate and on the bench connect a bike hand pump with a pressure gauge to prove the WG opens correctly and at what pressure. You can also check for the full stroke as you will get creep if the WG is too small, blocked or not opening fully. WG Springs can coil bind if its the incorrect spring. See how long the WG stays open when you stop pumping. It should be a long time if there are no leaks. If you pass this test check the exhaust pipe on both the WG inlet and outlet in case there is a flow reduction from faulty header pipe weld or a blockage. If you have not found anything by this stage I will be surprised. Its important to do each step as I have described so you can eliminate potential faults. Good luck.
Well this gate has less than 1000 miles. I did do those types of tests on both this and the old gate. They both opened as they are supposed to. The dumptube has no restriction in it. Te manifold however is not setup ideally. If you look at the picture below you can clearly see the exhaust has to make a greater than 90* turn to go out the wastegate port (disregard the red lines)