Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 293949 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
    It works fine. the shafts are the exact same other than the number of teeth on the bottom of the countershaft. Your right it doesn't reduce the RPMS much comparing the 5th gear to 6th...its a difference of about 300ish RPMS would make a notable difference for long trips
    Ya but after riding in your car last weekend, our 6th on the 4.3 is kinda too low for me. I rarely cruise for long periods at 80+ because I don't make many long trips. And if you look at the gear ratios, the 02-04 type-s has the same ratio 6th as the 5 speed's 5th, and it uses a 4.3 FD, so to me that means it was more designed for it. But depending on how much it would all cost to get that 6th gear, I would just use my 6th gear with the 4.3

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I decided to adjust my rear suspension because I realized I had too much preload on the rear springs, and apparantly, according to Buddy Club, I followed incorrect instructions when installing these because the measurements changed after 06 and the instructions I was following was for 06 Sis. So change the spring perch to what the guy suggested for approximately a 1.5'' drop and I lengthened the strut as much as I could, but still had to preload the spring at least an inch (this was a big improvement over the previous preload which was closer to 3 or 4'') but still isn't in the desireable range of 0-10mm of preload. So I'm not sure why my strut just doesn't seem to be long enough... Anyway here are some pictures of what I'm talking about.

So I jacked the hub up to preload the spring, put the car on ground, drove around my street to get things to settle in... Then I went to the trunk to torque down the lock nuts on top of the strut, the torque rating is 22 ft/lbs. I was unable to get to 22 ft/lbs before tightening the nut started to twist the rod on the strut which I am assuming is bad, so I stopped there. This is what it looks like after tightening:

Does this look/sound right to those with experience with coilovers? Note these coilovers have been on the car for over a year, so the spring should already be 'settled'.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Received this pic earlier today:

:waiting:

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: aLmk's Turbo FA5

HOLY FUCK OF A W.G!!

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting........

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    HOLY FUCK OF A W.G!!

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Ya it's a 2'' wastegate neck, I will be using a 45mm turbosmart gate.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Ya it's a 2'' wastegate neck, I will be using a 45mm turbosmart gate.
    Did you express to him how much you didn't want to boost creep? Lol looks like you ought to have no issue now.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Did you express to him how much you didn't want to boost creep? Lol looks like you ought to have no issue now.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Yes over and over LOL

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Yes over and over LOL
    LOL thought that Convo may have happened once, twice or thrice times lol

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Made some progress today:

God damn is this a tight as spot to be working in... I did this and injected my front mount today, now I gotta eat lunch and get ready for work :sadbanana: Gonna try to finish the timing chain job Saturday after work.

In other news, the manifold is supposed to be back to Sheepey today from the ceramic coater so hopefully he can ship it today or tomorrow :waiting: Also if I can't source a second gear within the next couple days, I will be taking this transmission out, breaking it down, and sending these gears along with my 4.3 FD off to get treated by racer steve.

Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 293949 ... LastLast