Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 286878 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So after finishing my fuel return install I now have a misfire in cylinder 4 and eventually a misfire in cylinder 3. This morning I made sure the injector clips were seated properly and the coil packs as well, then I pulled the plugs for cylinder 3 and 4 and they looked rather black, more so than what I'm familiar with seeing, I swapped them and the problem stayed in cylinder 4, but then after idling maybe 20 seconds also appeared in cylinder 3 and my vsa light turned on :think:

Here are some pics of the plugs, best I could get my camera to focus up close:

Could this be because I haven't installed a vacuum line to the FPR yet?

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    So after finishing my fuel return install I now have a misfire in cylinder 4 and eventually a misfire in cylinder 3. This morning I made sure the injector clips were seated properly and the coil packs as well, then I pulled the plugs for cylinder 3 and 4 and they looked rather black, more so than what I'm familiar with seeing, I swapped them and the problem stayed in cylinder 4, but then after idling maybe 20 seconds also appeared in cylinder 3 and my vsa light turned on :think:

Definitely get tht vacuum line on there but I can't say for sure that's why. I know the Vacuum line is to give you the 1:1 rising rate. Think an injector got clogged?

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetefromtheStreets View Post
    Definitely get tht vacuum line on there but I can't say for sure that's why. I know the Vacuum line is to give you the 1:1 rising rate. Think an injector got clogged?

Ya the vac line is used for that and for giving consistent pressure at idle, but you are supposed to set it with the vac line off, I don't see how that could cause a misfire though, I'm just idling, not driving around. As for one getting clogged I find it unlikely that that would happen all of a sudden, I have a brand new fuel filter in the tank, and the injectors were cleaned and flow tested like 2 years ago tops. IDK

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What's ur tuner suggest?
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    What's ur tuner suggest?
    That if I think it's a fake misfire he can disable that sensor/feature. But I don't think it's fake, the idle is rather rough.

Feedback Score
    Why don't you put a new set of plugs in it or just swap the plugs from 3/4 with cyls 1/2 and see if it follows the plugs or even swap coil packs .
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Feedback Score
    I think I would also just go ahead and do a compression test since the plugs are out.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a feeling this is injector related somehow. I will try swapping those as well as swapping plugs and coil packs.

Feedback Score
    I have a feeling this is injector related somehow. I will try swapping those as well as swapping plugs and coil packs.
    Thats possible as well guess your gonna find out ! What the culprit is

Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 286878 ... LastLast