Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4445464 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    the reason i say rod bearing or rod is cuz the night my car f**ed up thats the same noise it made when i pulled over to check that noise,,,,

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    lost motion assembly spring its under the rockers in the middle
    Gotcha, how can I check those? I know I obviously need to remove the valve cover, do the cams have to come out as well? What do I need to look for there?
    the reason i say rod bearing or rod is cuz the night my car f**ed up thats the same noise it made when i pulled over to check that noise,,,,
    Gotcha, well this has been happening a LONG time, like I said about a year and 3 months.... I'd be pretty surprised if it was from a rod bearing and actually lasted this long... What's the easiest way to check that? Drop oil pan?

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    the lmas yes pull the vc and rotate the cams as if you were doing a valve lash and use a dentist mirror and dig in there and look of the top is missing. Do the same steps for IN and EX

n for the rod bearing the oil pan has too come off

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok thanks!

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Little update on my goofy noise, it's not an accessory as I removed the belt yesterday, started the car, but be noise was still there. At this point I'm leaning towards a bent or sticky/leaky valve. A very basic test suggested that it could be that and after talking to some people it really doesn't seem to be coming from the bottom end. But I'm gonna get a leak down test done here ASAP. Aside from all this I'm still 80% sure I'll go racing Friday anyway and hope for the best lol since it's been going on so long anyways. After that I'll probably put the car down for a bit and work on getting it actually fixed.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Little update on my goofy noise, it's not an accessory as I removed the belt yesterday, started the car, but be noise was still there. At this point I'm leaning towards a bent or sticky/leaky valve. A very basic test suggested that it could be that and after talking to some people it really doesn't seem to be coming from the bottom end. But I'm gonna get a leak down test done here ASAP. Aside from all this I'm still 80% sure I'll go racing Friday anyway and hope for the best lol since it's been going on so long anyways. After that I'll probably put the car down for a bit and work on getting it actually fixed.
    well gl man i know if i hadnt raced that same night i heard the weird noise from my motor i prolly would still be out there roaming the streets

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not sure if race on it. Just my $.02. Now that your aware of the issue I'd limp it home and it stay down till the problem is isolated and eliminated

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It sucks to stay stranded....

I remember that night it happened to me, Both my wifes phone had no batt and no car charger either!!!

And since i was the first one to surpass everyone that night everybody that stayed behind didnt see me pull off the hwy... And it was 2am.....

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    well gl man i know if i hadnt raced that same night i heard the weird noise from my motor i prolly would still be out there roaming the streets
    Well I didn't just discover this noise, it's been going on over a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    I'm not sure if race on it. Just my $.02. Now that your aware of the issue I'd limp it home and it stay down till the problem is isolated and eliminated

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    I raced on it two weeks ago with the same noise I have a spare bare block if the worst happens.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It sucks to stay stranded....

I remember that night it happened to me, Both my wifes phone had no batt and no car charger either!!!

And since i was the first one to surpass everyone that night everybody that stayed behind didnt see me pull off the hwy... And it was 2am.....
    Well I'll be a track, not out street racing.
    Last edited by monjarassi; 10-16-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4445464 ... LastLast