Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 283848 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A custom sheepey manifold. Another guy on 8thcivic has a boost junkyz manifold and he is creeping bad like me so sent his manifold to sheepey so he could make a new one but put the turbo in the same spot so he is just going to make two manifolds. Works out for me because I won't have to send my manifold out.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    A custom sheepey manifold. Another guy on 8thcivic has a boost junkyz manifold and he is creeping bad like me so sent his manifold to sheepey so he could make a new one but put the turbo in the same spot so he is just going to make two manifolds. Works out for me because I won't have to send my manifold out.
    Oh very nice man

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ya I'm pretty excited! Been praying it doesn't creep! The new manifold will also be using a larger 45mm turbosmart wastegate, rather than the 38mm tial mvs that I have now so that should help as well. I'm hoping I get the new manifold in 2 weeks or so. Only think I'll have to get custom made afterwards is a new dumptube which shouldn't be too tough to do. I'll probably buy a j bend and some straight pipe and figure out what will work, then just take it somewhere to be cut and welded.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Today I tore down the 5 speed main and counter shaft. Now I just need to order a bunch of stuff from majestic and a new countershaft and FD from kseries parts. once I receive all that, I will send my gears off to be treated by racer steve!

Feedback Score
    [MENTION=185]aLmk[/MENTION] why 38mm WG? what type of power you hoping for?

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksboi View Post
    [MENTION=185]aLmk[/MENTION] why 38mm WG? what type of power you hoping for?
    The 38mm is what is on the car now, its what came with the kit. The new manifold will be a 45mm turbosmart.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hmm, rethinking my gear choice... So I have a base rsx 5 speed gear set without the FD, and I have a z3 6 speed gear set with an unusable mainshaft, counter shaft, and FD - so 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th could be reused. This is something I just thought of, seems like it might be a decent combination other than the 2nd to 3rd shift. This is comparing the stock transmission (left) to my hybrid (right).

For this setup, I would just need to get a 4.3 FD, use the base 5 speed counter shaft and main shaft, and put gears 3-5 from my 6 speed on there, and then use the base 5 speed's 5th gear (if I can) as my 6th gear. LMK what you guys think.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Hmm, rethinking my gear choice... So I have a base rsx 5 speed gear set without the FD, and I have a z3 6 speed gear set with an unusable mainshaft, counter shaft, and FD - so 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th could be reused. This is something I just thought of, seems like it might be a decent combination other than the 2nd to 3rd shift. This is comparing the stock transmission (left) to my hybrid (right).

For this setup, I would just need to get a 4.3 FD, use the base 5 speed counter shaft and main shaft, and put gears 3-5 from my 6 speed on there, and then use the base 5 speed's 5th gear (if I can) as my 6th gear. LMK what you guys think.
    Not sure if you can put 6 gears on a 5 speed counter and mainshaft. I honestly have never torn a 5 speed apart to for sure know. But seems it wouldnt. Utilizing your factory 6th would allow for much lower revs while cruising around.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Not sure if you can put 6 gears on a 5 speed counter and mainshaft. I honestly have never torn a 5 speed apart to for sure know. But seems it wouldnt. Utilizing your factory 6th would allow for much lower revs while cruising around.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets

It works fine. the shafts are the exact same other than the number of teeth on the bottom of the countershaft. Your right it doesn't reduce the RPMS much comparing the 5th gear to 6th...its a difference of about 300ish RPMS would make a notable difference for long trips

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
    It works fine. the shafts are the exact same other than the number of teeth on the bottom of the countershaft. Your right it doesn't reduce the RPMS much comparing the 5th gear to 6th...its a difference of about 300ish RPMS would make a notable difference for long trips
    Ok gotcha. Want sure like I said I've never taken a 5 speed apart.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 283848 ... LastLast