Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It certainly does!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: aLmk's Turbo FA5

Thats so odd and awesome at the same time. I remember swapping out wg springs to try to fix creep and i still had creep after and was so pissed that so much work did literally nothing. Turned out my tune was still set with the boost controller on Glad yours is fixed though. Maybe Bill is your lucky charm

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ya idk what caused it to be fixed because it creeped at 4am yesterday with the new spring and ya it fucking sucks doing anything with the wastegate. For my setup I have to lower the subframe enough to remove the downpipe just to get to the wastegate.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On another note this car is going to be an animal. Just did some 1st and 2nd action for the first time and it is pretty quick! Need to get the 4 psi spring back in there to help with the wheel spin and it doesn't decide to boost creep again.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hate this car.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Ya idk what caused it to be fixed because it creeped at 4am yesterday with the new spring and ya it fucking sucks doing anything with the wastegate. For my setup I have to lower the subframe enough to remove the downpipe just to get to the wastegate.
    I know the feeling. I have to take the subframe down and remove my oil filter relocator just to get at the wastegate. Blows.
    On another note this car is going to be an animal. Just did some 1st and 2nd action for the first time and it is pretty quick! Need to get the 4 psi spring back in there to help with the wheel spin and it doesn't decide to boost creep again.
    That's great!
    I hate this car.
    Uh oh. Boost creep back?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    I know the feeling. I have to take the subframe down and remove my oil filter relocator just to get at the wastegate. Blows.

That's great!

Uh oh. Boost creep back?
    No a significantly worse thing. Will copy and paste posts from 8th civic so wording may be a tad odd....

Anyone know where he fuel pump fuse is? Just took my buddy for a ride and shifting into second the car died and shutdown. Not sure what's up. It cranks over but I cannot hear the pump prime.

Quote Originally Posted by snizzletoff
    The fuses under the hood are #11 and 19
    Under the dash check #2

Also make sure your ECU isn't in recovery mode...

After those...the fuel pump relay is the second one..its blue
    How would I know if ecu is in recovery mode? The coolant temp gauge lights up like normal but then goes faint like it does when you flash the car.

Have you checked said fuses? usually it will go into recovery mode when there is an electrical fault like steve said.

Adding to this, Steve...did your pump prime in recovery mode?
    All fuses look good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve42790
    nope. a/f gauge didnt work either. andrew do ur boost and a/f guages work, when u turn the key do they come on?
    Gauges come on.
    that might be true :think:

andrew just plug in ur fp and laptop and see what it says. no point tryin to guess and stuff when that is a sure way to know. lol
    Unfortunately I don't have my lap top or flashpro with me and I'm not at home.

My friend did happen to be be filming it.
    Dead - YouTube

Could a broken gear cause this?
    no...the ecu wouldnt go into recovery and also the car would not die. not to mention u would hear/feel a gear breaking.

your positive every fuse is good? pull every single fuse and inspect it. its the only way to know. dont just check fuel pump related ones. literally check every single one. various different fuses popping while the car is running can cause this
    Ok bc when it happened I felt a little something but I think it was just wheel spin with as little hop and some torque on the engine. The gear box still moves perfectly fine through all gears. How do I test the relay?

Flashpro does not detect ecu. Ryan said to pull every fuse to make sure none are blown. I did that and all look fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mucter
    The flashpro has nothing to do with it, it wasn't even in the car when it happened.

Did you fix the rattling under the car? Maybe something shorted?
    I hadn't fixed the rattling yet. I guess that is a possibility. What's the best way to investigate that?

Quote Originally Posted by mucter
    Get under car and look for melty things?
    Haha alright. Big problem is its at my buddy's house parked on the street I could have it towed home but I doubt I could get it into my garage because my driveway is a hill so I couldn't be able to jack it up.

I'm so pissed. I don't have time to be dealing with all this trouble shooting. I need to finish school. Last week I got hardly any sleep between school, work, and the car. I can't do that again. May have to just put this off or something till school is over

Quote Originally Posted by dil2502
    Damn, that is crazy. I can't even begin to think what would cause it to do that. Perhaps the ECU went bad? I would test all the fuses with a multi-meter not just visual inspection
    Check it for continuity I assume? Sorry really terrible with electrical stuff.

Any ideas what I should try first to fix the ecu? Would disconnecting battery for several minutes help at all?
    Thoroughly check the grounds. Look for any wires that could have came loose or as jay said...melted...You can try to disconnect the battery...maybe even pull the ECU just to check the wires near the connector...Check your main wire harness against the manifold (maybe it melted) Basically look at the hotside of the engine
    I assume you mean turbo manifold? I cannot picture the wiring harness behind the motor in my head.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

aLmk's Turbo FA5

Your having more problems since installing this kit then I have ever encountered with every car I've owned together.

When I broke my 2nd gear my car also cut off. BUT after a few minuets it was able to start up again. I've never heard of "recovery mode" so that's new to me.

I believe you should reflash your tune into the car and see what happens. I went to royal farms one time sat inside for 10 min. Came out and my car had the worse a/f ration I had ever seen. Re uploaded the tune and she was good to go.

Pull your spark plugs and make sure they are good as well.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Your having more problems since installing this kit then I have ever encountered with every car I've owned together.

When I broke my 2nd gear my car also cut off. BUT after a few minuets it was able to start up again. I've never heard of "recovery mode" so that's new to me.

I believe you should reflash your tune into the car and see what happens. I went to royal farms one time sat inside for 10 min. Came out and my car had the worse a/f ration I had ever seen. Re uploaded the tune and she was good to go.

Pull your spark plugs and make sure they are good as well.
    The issue here is my flashpro cannot communicate with my ecu. When I plug the flashpro into my laptop and to my car it says ecu not detected, I cannot reupload a map. Did you watch the video? In retrospect I really don't think I broke a gear, it didn't make a very loud noise and my trans still goes into every gear just fine. The car just died on me.... At this point I am not convinced that this problem is a result of the kit as it seems to be purely electrical but I don't know what the exact problem is at this point.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    try a different ground ive had mine on that bolt spot on the head in between the cam sensors for a long time now with no issues
    I've had mine where it is for a long time now and never had a problem on last setup. Didn't even touch it when installing this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulom
    You could check conections at alternator, the 3 plugs at ECU and the battery voltage.
    And all the ground points ( I think there are 3 at least ).

Try to remember what and where there were changes in you car...
    I didn't check connections at alternator, but I did check my grounds all looked fine and were tight. The 3 plugs at the ECU are fine. One interesting thing is the battery voltage according to flashpro was 11.X, problem is I'm not sure how accurate that reading is since it cannot detect the ecu. Going to upload some pics and a video I took today. Unfortunately I had to have the car towed to positive. I could not leave it where it was because its not my house, I don't have the time to keep going down there to work on it and I couldn't jack it up where it was and I wouldn't be able to get it into my garage at my house since my driveway into my garage is a fairly steep hill. Bill is hoping he can start looking at it today around 3, even if he does I have a feeling it will be there a few days, as the problem seems to be far from obvious.

Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 8182868 ... LastLast