Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 919 ... LastLast

Thread: New guy here! 600whp or bust build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by My07si View Post
    Yes the two gates are to prevent creep, comp turbo actually recommend that we use two mvs(38mm) gates over a single 44mm or 60mm that's why we did that, and the idea of the exhaust gasses gathering is what we are interested to test. The dumps will shoot straight down in front of the tranny and then I will have a second set if dumps and a second downpipe that will flip and come straight out the hood eventually. Either way creep should be completely eliminated on this setup
    Ya you should be able to run 3-4 psi all the way to redline. I know Vit's manifold only creeps one psi from 3-4 by 9k rpm even with his 850hp turbo. Yours is similar design giving wastegate priority. I like it! You guys plan to release this to the public as an option?
    Manifold was definately designed and built with wastegate priority coming straight off the 90 so when opened the exhaust gasses will flow straight through the gates
    Ya looks good!
    Yes it is boost Junkyz design and fab, and they are dual 38mm gates but 76mm or 3" should release plenty if exhaust lol. The gates and turbo are well above the tranny and the dumps may route down and out to the drivers side to keep the heat off the tranny still a work in progress . We shall see how she does.
    Could always wrap the dump tubs/ceramic coat them. That should be plenty. Its not like they are open constantly.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: New guy here! 600whp or bust build

Yes it is boost Junkyz design and fab, and they are dual 38mm gates but 76mm or 3" should release plenty if exhaust lol. The gates and turbo are well above the tranny and the dumps may route down and out to the drivers side to keep the heat off the tranny still a work in progress . We shall see how she does.
    Nice, and ok 76mm total still a great setup. And I realized that since the first gate is on the 90* and the second is atter it, it will be real efficient because the gases are then directed AT the second gate after the bend. Legit stuff. And definitely let me know how the dump routing goes.

Looks great
    Just finished a fg2 install at the shop using a gtx3076r and 44mm gate, will be tuning next week , ill post the results

Nice, all boostjunkyz in house made?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    [MENTION=2]Si Speed 317[/MENTION] you should have boostjunkyz make you one also.
    I would, but I'll probably just go local. I emailed him a little while back about custom making me something and he never got back to me. He was probably busy or forgot about it. But no response doesn't make me a happy camper.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New guy here! 600whp or bust build

Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    I would, but I'll probably just go local. I emailed him a little while back about custom making me something and he never got back to me. He was probably busy or forgot about it. But no response doesn't make me a happy camper.
    Same here. I wanted something custom as well. But seeing as I have an rsx it would be harder to make. But like you, I never got a response.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score

Nice, and ok 76mm total still a great setup. And I realized that since the first gate is on the 90* and the second is atter it, it will be real efficient because the gases are then directed AT the second gate after the bend. Legit stuff. And definitely let me know how the dump routing goes.

Looks great

Nice, all boostjunkyz in house made?

Yes all made in house , sux about not getting a response man, very busy combined with having to fab and respond to all emails as keep up with all the daily local business gets tough lol.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Same here. I wanted something custom as well. But seeing as I have an rsx it would be harder to make. But like you, I never got a response.
    Well, at least you have a lot more room than we do haha. And I have a one-off top mount turbo manifold, so it would be hard no matter what unfortunately. I gotta get a move on this stuff, I only have off work on Mondays and I always have family stuff to get done so I have no time to work on the car. And no garage to keep it in unfortunately. Blah.

Yes all made in house , sux about not getting a response man, very busy combined with having to fab and respond to all emails as keep up with all the daily local business gets tough lol.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand completely. Sucks though, especially now since he's 0-2 for 2 people for work on a boosted k-series forum. At least he does great welding. Just hope he doesn't become another Derek :hiding: [MENTION=28]Spaz[/MENTION]

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score

Well, at least you have a lot more room than we do haha. And I have a one-off top mount turbo manifold, so it would be hard no matter what unfortunately. I gotta get a move on this stuff, I only have off work on Mondays and I always have family stuff to get done so I have no time to work on the car. And no garage to keep it in unfortunately. Blah.

Don't get me wrong, I understand completely. Sucks though, especially now since he's 0-2 for 2 people for work on a boosted k-series forum. At least he does great welding. Just hope he doesn't become another Derek :hiding: [MENTION=28]Spaz[/MENTION]
    Yeah man hopefully in the future the company will be able to grow and take on alot more jobs and spend more time focusing on out of state stuff, right now being swamped with local and a couple fg kits has definately halted any new things

Feedback Score

Got a bunch of work done yesterday, all that's left as far as metal fab is , the second half of the downpipe, catch can, intake manifold and weld the bov flange on, getting closer

Feedback Score
    have any complete pictures of the manifold with the extension piece on it?
    2001 Boosted Built k20a2 Billet BB 6766BB

2013=579whp 406trq @ 24 psi c16
    10.87@137mph

2014= 510whp 370trq @ 18psi pump gas

2015= 7xx @ 30psi??

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

It's looking great man. Thumbs up!

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer