Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1828 ... LastLast

Thread: [ysosrs] dc2r k20 turbo

Feedback Score
    What spark plugs Should I be using on a stock block k20a turbo? ngk 9?
    Last edited by mnc1408; 01-28-2016 at 01:00 PM.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnc1408 View Post
    What spark plugs Should I be using on a stock block k20a turbo? ngk 9?
    We use BKR9EIX gapped to .018

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Car hit the dyno today(low reading dyno), It made 330hp (12lbs) before the turbo got very noisy and had heaps of play. He tried 2 more pulls and the turbo kept losing power down to 300hp same boost pressure.

My tuner did another pull without the air filter and he saw the compressor jump, possibly a broken shaft?

It's a 5858 dbb .82, I made sure the turbo was primed before first start up etc.

My question is, will precision do anything about this? I know I purchased it 2.5 yrs ago But at the end of the day it is a brand new turbo with 3 hours dyno time and about 1.5 hours idling time at most to bleed coolant and fault errors.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Damn that sucks. Should have some type of warranty but possibly voided after sitting that long. Should contact them directly
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BUMP! How are things now?

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post
    BUMP! How are things now?
    Old turbo oil feed line got blocked resulting in an early retirement on the dyno. I bought a Garrett gtx3576r core and got the old turbo housings machined to fit.

Car is limited atm due to a possible bov leak. It made 238.5 kw atw (12psi) on msc's dyno which is a very low reading dyno for fwd cars. Just as a reference, my old n/a k24 made 140 on this dyno and 157 on another roller.

Steve tried to up the boost to about 15psi but the boost drops at around 7000rpm with the leak. We saw some mid range gains of about 20kw. Next step would be to get a stiffer spring for the tial q bov and an overal checkup.

Power band is surprisingly very linear.

Don't mind the Lsd clunking away.

Feedback Score
    Just ordered 1psi stiffer bov spring, car is limited with power until I fix the issue and change the fuel setup to a return style.

I have a big Circuit track day coming up in July, Power output needs to be restricted as it is a track mainly with tight turns.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    A few pictures from weeks back and currently. Not much progress in terms of modding, only putting things back together.

Before the tune I swapped wheel with my friend steven, only for the pure fact he has proper tyres and not my 2008 made ad07.

Here's the old broken precision 5858 core, poor fella has enough shaft play to cause an earthquake. I will get it rebuilt, find spare housings for it and keep it as a spare,

Because of the recent event of a possible bov leak, I decided to add some washers in there, 2 to be exact. It will stiffen it up a little which is what I hope it to do. I took it for a drive (video below) to test it out, it opens barely on low revs and boost but at the higher end of the rev range it seems to open up sufficiently.

A little mock up of the most anticipated wheels I want to run. I'm a big fan of the gab sports, I will refurbish this set (same colour) with matching centre caps and keep everyone posted on the refurbishment stages. 16x8 +32

On monday I put a little time into the interior, juno came around and gave me a hand with putting the dash etc back in. Interior looks like a barn find haha.

My Enkei rc-s didn't clear my endless calipers which is a bummer... they cleared the spoon twnblock by 3-4mm. I took off the tyres on them and got them fitted to my te37 16x8 +15/30. Tbh, bronze isn't doing it for me, I am thinking about swapping them to my friend steven for his white set so that I could coat them satin black.

Here's a quick vid of 1 2 and a little of 3rd.

Last edited by mnc1408; 06-03-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For the BOV leak. They sell a stiffer set of springs for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1828 ... LastLast