Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41424 ... LastLast

Thread: [ysosrs] dc2r k20 turbo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    that's how I routed my feed too.
    I think that's the best way to route it unless you made your own line. The other ways I tried had too much slack left in the line.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnc1408 View Post
    I miss him already. Anyways after searching up on fittings etc for the oil feed, I ended up having one in the turbo kit I bought from JDL. So much win right now.

Worked on the motor a little tonight.

Pulled out the plugs and to my suprise, Hks sparkies! Ballin101.

New oem exhaust manifold gasket on.

Turbo manifold gasket looking at home.

Precision waste gate mounted back on to the manifold along with the dump.

Threw straight on the K&N air filter, will definitely get a proper intake fabricated up once the car is at the running stages

Mocked up the turbo oil return fitting.

I tested and tried out many ways to route the oil feed line and I'm pretty set on this layout.

It feels like I am so close to the finish line but all the little things I want to do all add up. The downside now is that I need to respray my engine bay again, found some small bubbles of rust on the shock tower.
    I should have just did the prep job from the beginning to be honest, I really hate these problems creeping up on me by surprise like this.
    So much win is right!! Keep em coming, always love watching builds - especially yours! A BoostedK20.com decal would fit nicely in there

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post
    So much win is right!! Keep em coming, always love watching builds - especially yours! A BoostedK20.com decal would fit nicely in there
    Thank you so much, first time doing this clean and tucked bay, also not to mention first boosted build ever. Huge learning curve for me.

I kindly wish to thank the community at boostedk20 for all the help they have given me in regards to my questions asked.

As for the decal, I would love to support this forum.

Feedback Score
    Got my Hardrace bushings pressed in by the boys at ZEDS. I will be giving these arms a good clean up before it goes back together with the car. I will also be applying some paint to the bushings metal surface as they are known to rust.

Ordered a few things from JHPUSA, sadly it got stuck at customs for a good 3 weeks.

Hasport replacement rear engine mount bracket and some new 88a bushing inserts.

Skunk 2 replacement ball joints for the front upper camber arms.

K-Tuned shifter cable heat shield tubing. (bought 2 but only 1 pictured)

K-Tuned Rocker cover breather filter.

K-Tuned coolant temp sensor and the RHD clutch line.

K-Tuned shifter cable bushings and a high flow fuel filter (8an) rated to 300-500hp.

K-Tuned A/C & P/S eliminator kit.

Bolt Boys hardware.
    * Engine bay kit (dc2/r)
    * Engine mount kit
    * K-Series engine kit
    * upper control arms and strut kit

JHPUSA have some really nice looking stickers. Thanks again to Jeff @ JHPUSA for looking after me.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another beautiful update! The customs thing would've drove me nuts after 3 weeks! How do you know if it's in customs? Does the tracking number information tell you? Just wondering, AFAIK I've never had to worry about customs. #NY #Woot

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sweet updates

Btw I have a set of new blackworks rear lower control arms if u interested.
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Another beautiful update! The customs thing would've drove me nuts after 3 weeks! How do you know if it's in customs? Does the tracking number information tell you? Just wondering, AFAIK I've never had to worry about customs. #NY #Woot
    Tracking tells you all the information. If the package has your contact number on it they will call you haha, if not they mail you a letter.

From there it gets messy. They wanted me to provide full receipt or payment invoice to prove that it is worth only $1000 USD. They told me they checked the website and prices doesn't match. I had a couple of days before responding and this is what I told them.

I told them that JHPUSA was sponsoring my car for race events. So they gave me huge discounts. I got Jeff at JHP to rewrite the invoice aswell.

Lucky escape, would of been real annoying if the package got sent back.

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Sweet updates

Btw I have a set of new blackworks rear lower control arms if u interested.
    I just got new bushings pressed into my dc2r arms haha.

Feedback Score
    Went over to my mums house to check up on the motor after that horrible windy event we had in Melbourne not long ago. Threw on the k-tuned breather while I was at it.

I probably won't be using this rocker cover though. Next rocker cover I'll be shaving the OEM breather port and will be welding on a single -16an fitting preferably to the back near the firewall for my custom catch can setup

Was a little bored last night so I decided to work on the Hasport Mounts, started by removing the old inserts. Next will be a good wet sanding session followed by buffing with metal polish and finally reassembling everything with the new 88a inserts

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn, you gonna have some vibrations!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Damn, you gonna have some vibrations!
    I've been in billet mounts before. 88a can't be that bad haha.

Anyways, does anyone have a picture of their oil return line setup?

It seems as if I have the wrong fitting angles or the wastegate is blocking it.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 41424 ... LastLast