Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1929 ... LastLast

Thread: [ysosrs] dc2r k20 turbo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PetefromtheStreets View Post
    For the BOV leak. They sell a stiffer set of springs for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Already ordered pete, my vacuum drops to -22. Current spring rated -16 to -19.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnc1408 View Post
    Already ordered pete, my vacuum drops to -22. Current spring rated -16 to -19.
    The washer mod is the go-to. Saves the new springs, which I saw you ordered 2 weeks ago. Loving the updates and seeing things all come together!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop, looking forward to future updates!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Spent sunday putting the exterior side of things together, my plans never seem to go well.

Bys front bumper does not clear, need to trim 3 places including the kevlar lip on the back.

Plan B it is - Chop and hack up the oem bumper, It will look nice when done trust rofl... Hack job for now is the way to go. I plan on respraying the entire front end when I'm ready so no biggie.

I was going to keep the brand new 96 spec headlights for after the respray but I forgot how to wire up the Hid 98 ones, Amateur alert due to not taking photos of the pigtails before snipping it 3 years ago.

Quick pull in mexico, 90-215kmh

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Spent sunday putting the exterior side of things together, my plans never seem to go well.

Bys front bumper does not clear, need to trim 3 places including the kevlar lip on the back.

Plan B it is - Chop and hack up the oem bumper, It will look nice when done trust rofl... Hack job for now is the way to go. I plan on respraying the entire front end when I'm ready so no biggie.

I was going to keep the brand new 96 spec headlights for after the respray but I forgot how to wire up the Hid 98 ones, Amateur alert due to not taking photos of the pigtails before snipping it 3 years ago.

Quick pull in mexico, 90-215kmh

Car sounds good! As for hack job and fitment issues, well, that's the life we live! As long as it does the trick, that's what matters. Did you finish the install yet?

Feedback Score
    A little update,

I entered my car into honda nationals 2016 held at winton raceway not knowing what I was getting myself into, but before that I have some small updates with the car.

I upgraded my brakes, new setup consist of the Endless 4 pot calipers, MX72 pads, PMU scr pro rotors and Endless braided lines.

For my birthday this year my gf bought me a set of tyres, Toyo R888R GG compound in 225/45r16. The GG compound is the streetable version offered by toyo uk over the more aggresive SG compound.
    My brothers, cousins and friends bought me a bunch of other goodies. It was a lot to take in as I was expecting nothing, big warm thank you to all of them.

*r888r 225/45r16
    *ad08r 225/45r16
    *defi advance zd club package
    *defi controller + 60mm boost gauge
    *aem uego wide band kit
    *k-tuned traction bar

Started preparing for Honda nationals.

I dived into wiring up the defi advance zd, unfortunately no finished and mounted pictures but it is fully functioning with the mishimoto sandwhich plate.

I started driving the car daily to work 5 days a week for the last month or 2 so I decided to sell the pc680 to a much needed friend and picked up a full sized optima battery. The pc680 use to sit underneath the passenger seat. The fire extinguisher was also mounted.

Got the tyres mounted, r888r on the advan rg 16x8+30 and the ad08r on the enkei rc-s as a backup.

I drove the car to the exhaust shop and while getting up their drive way I mangled both my fenders, didn't realise until i got home after a 10 minute drive.

My left side splitter bracket snapped clean, damn plastic brackets from top one, never again. David came to the aid and made me some brackets to survive the day.

Arrived at winton and started setting up the car.

Alignment was nothing aggressive.

fronts were -2.6 camber and toe out 0.6 degrees.
    rears were -1.5 camber and toe out was 0.
    castor was oem spec

Tyre pressure was stupid hot for 3/4 sessions at 35psi hot. Dropped it down to around 31 psi hot for the last session and did wonders.

Thanks to Alcaptures and Folk for the shots.

After the sessions I had a swarm of hands reaching into the engine bay for warmth. Atleast 6 people but only captured these 3.

Went for a toilet break to find this back at the pits...

Ready to hit the road home.

A little Recap of the day.

It was a cold day with a very wet track during the early hours, It did get dry around 2pm but heaps of mud from people coming off the track.

This is my 2nd track day overall with the 1st being 4.5 years ago with the k24 and really old ad07 tyres (1:51 as a personal best of 3 sessions). The track condition wasn't ideal for an amateur like me but I did 4 sessions with 0 issues and that was the most important things. I ended up with a new PB of 1:39.88 in my last session which is half decent I would say? I plan to hit winton again to further increase my driving skills with more seat time in the future with a built motor for longevity and reliability.

In saying that, I still had a blast regardless of weather.

Gave the car a quick foam bath to get rid of all the mud from 1 of my spin off at the track.

I didn't have a go pro mount but my friend Tam did record me on the straights. I will try to get that clip up one day.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A little update,

I entered my car into honda nationals 2016 held at winton raceway not knowing what I was getting myself into, but before that I have some small updates with the car.

I upgraded my brakes, new setup consist of the Endless 4 pot calipers, MX72 pads, PMU scr pro rotors and Endless braided lines.

For my birthday this year my gf bought me a set of tyres, Toyo R888R GG compound in 225/45r16. The GG compound is the streetable version offered by toyo uk over the more aggresive SG compound.
    My brothers, cousins and friends bought me a bunch of other goodies. It was a lot to take in as I was expecting nothing, big warm thank you to all of them.

*r888r 225/45r16
    *ad08r 225/45r16
    *defi advance zd club package
    *defi controller + 60mm boost gauge
    *aem uego wide band kit
    *k-tuned traction bar

Started preparing for Honda nationals.

I dived into wiring up the defi advance zd, unfortunately no finished and mounted pictures but it is fully functioning with the mishimoto sandwhich plate.

I started driving the car daily to work 5 days a week for the last month or 2 so I decided to sell the pc680 to a much needed friend and picked up a full sized optima battery. The pc680 use to sit underneath the passenger seat. The fire extinguisher was also mounted.

Got the tyres mounted, r888r on the advan rg 16x8+30 and the ad08r on the enkei rc-s as a backup.

I drove the car to the exhaust shop and while getting up their drive way I mangled both my fenders, didn't realise until i got home after a 10 minute drive.

My left side splitter bracket snapped clean, damn plastic brackets from top one, never again. David came to the aid and made me some brackets to survive the day.

Arrived at winton and started setting up the car.

Alignment was nothing aggressive.

fronts were -2.6 camber and toe out 0.6 degrees.
    rears were -1.5 camber and toe out was 0.
    castor was oem spec

Tyre pressure was stupid hot for 3/4 sessions at 35psi hot. Dropped it down to around 31 psi hot for the last session and did wonders.

Thanks to Alcaptures and Folk for the shots.

After the sessions I had a swarm of hands reaching into the engine bay for warmth. Atleast 6 people but only captured these 3.

Went for a toilet break to find this back at the pits...

Ready to hit the road home.

A little Recap of the day.

It was a cold day with a very wet track during the early hours, It did get dry around 2pm but heaps of mud from people coming off the track.

This is my 2nd track day overall with the 1st being 4.5 years ago with the k24 and really old ad07 tyres (1:51 as a personal best of 3 sessions). The track condition wasn't ideal for an amateur like me but I did 4 sessions with 0 issues and that was the most important things. I ended up with a new PB of 1:39.88 in my last session which is half decent I would say? I plan to hit winton again to further increase my driving skills with more seat time in the future with a built motor for longevity and reliability.

In saying that, I still had a blast regardless of weather.

Gave the car a quick foam bath to get rid of all the mud from 1 of my spin off at the track.

I didn't have a go pro mount but my friend Tam did record me on the straights. I will try to get that clip up one day.
    What a great update - loving it! I agree, no issues is a wonderful thing to have at a track day. Glad all went well, aside from the splitter and those poor fenders that made me cringe!

Car looks badass. As always, I'm looking forward to the future. You bested your previous PB, had no issues, looked badass, and helped keep peoples hands warm. I'd say it was a big success!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    awesome updates man. In for videos. Nice pics you got from the track day as well! Keep them coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Thanks to infotechplus for the vid.

you can see me at

1:10
    1:55
    3:00
    4:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qJt2MDq0j4

Feedback Score
    Sold off the advan rg to get these baby spec te37.

16x7.5+30 and mated to 225/45 ad08r for street.

Freshly coated satin black with new decals and valve stem + caps.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sold off the advan rg to get these baby spec te37.

16x7.5+30 and mated to 225/45 ad08r for street.

Freshly coated satin black with new decals and valve stem + caps.

Reason for switch? Very clean! New? Why baby spec?

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1929 ... LastLast