Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 71727 ... LastLast

Thread: [ysosrs] dc2r k20 turbo

Feedback Score
    How many wheels does this guy have lol

Feedback Score
    If I never sold any of my wheel collection you'll be looking at 20-22 sets. During this year I have sold at least 13 sets to fund other things in life. Times are tough lols.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 02civic629 View Post
    How many wheels does this guy have lol
    Right! Lmfaooo
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    My work station for yesterday.

Did some shaving and cutting. Long hours grinding and shaving away, intake manifold almost finished atleast.

Tensioner pulley mounting point cut off and shaved down nicely. Still a little more sanding to do.

Cleaned up some surface on the water pump housing while I was at it.

Waterpump housing finished and painted, still curing. Turned out exactly how I wanted it to be and was well worth the time and effort.

Mocked up a few things such as the K-tuned swivel neck thermostat and the aircon and powersteering delete kit.

The weather was top notch today so I decided to wire brush and paint the alternator, starter motor and mid shaft.

Now the waiting game begins. Need a good few days before the paint is fully cured and is safe to handle.

Not car related but my fish are looking good!!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Water pump came out legit.

Rbc is gettting there
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Water pump came out legit.

Rbc is gettting there
    Water pump housing came out pretty good but I will need a new water pump though. Rbc is a lot of work, Probably wont ever attempt another shave and smoothed out for a nice curved surface.

I need to remove the factory pulley on the alternator and swap it over to the k-tuned extended one. Reason being is that the factory pulley doesn't align up with all the other pulleys after installing the AC/PS delete kit.

I've decided to delete the heater as I have clearance issues with the Wastegate being in the way. So the Oem factory thermostat housing can go in the bin.

Test fitted the colour coded alternator and it is looking a lot better than before. I will need to change that water pump, it has seen better days once upon a time ago and doesn't spin smoothly anymore.

Feedback Score
    Removing the pulley on the alternator was quite hard but with a little bit of improvisation, it finally came off. You can also see how the pulley is extended so that it lines up with the crank pulley.

The downstar beauty washers looking real good.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is that thing on top of your starter? I don't recall seeing that on mine.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had no idea K-Tuned makes an extended alternator pulley! Good stuff, the motor is coming together nicely. What water pump will you be going with? EWP like [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION] would be cool

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    I had no idea K-Tuned makes an extended alternator pulley! Good stuff, the motor is coming together nicely. What water pump will you be going with? EWP like [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION] would be cool
    It comes with the kit. Not sure if you can buy it separately. I'll be using am oem belt driven water pump, electric is too baller haha.

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    What is that thing on top of your starter? I don't recall seeing that on mine.
    The top part of the motor not painted? It's the starter solenoid. It's factory haha.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 71727 ... LastLast