Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 9

Thread: Si Speed 317's BoostedK20 Build - Round 2

Feedback Score

Re: Si Speed 317's BoostedK20 Build - Round 2

Nice. I got new mats a while back. Nothing is cheap! Build quality maybe. Lol

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Build Update:

I found a good deal on a turbo and I couldn't resist. So, this may be the beginning of my 3rd round of turbo setups - but this goes all out now. Built motor, built tranny, mounts to complement, and this turbo.
    So, here's my new GT42RS (GT4202R). Has a 74mm hot side, and 102mm cold side, with a 1.15AR hot side. I'll switch that out to a 1.01 if I keep it, makes a big difference but regardless it's a big ass turbo. Full boost at mid to high 6k rpm. Built motor spinning 9 will handle that well. But, I'd rather sell it and get something a bit smaller for a nice daily. Maybe a nice BW or something.

Crazy loco. We'll see what happens.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thats a CRAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZYYYYYY turbo. Lol nice find

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    good stuff

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Jesus that thing is as big as your mirror

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Jesus that thing is as big as your mirror
    That's what she said!

Ohh I've been waiting for that. Im gonna keep this now. Lol [MENTION=56]Adm_rsx[/MENTION]

My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Build Update:

I found a good deal on a turbo and I couldn't resist. So, this may be the beginning of my 3rd round of turbo setups - but this goes all out now. Built motor, built tranny, mounts to complement, and this turbo.
    So, here's my new GT42RS (GT4202R). Has a 74mm hot side, and 102mm cold side, with a 1.15AR hot side. I'll switch that out to a 1.01 if I keep it, makes a big difference but regardless it's a big ass turbo. Full boost at mid to high 6k rpm. Built motor spinning 9 will handle that well. But, I'd rather sell it and get something a bit smaller for a nice daily. Maybe a nice BW or something.

Crazy loco. We'll see what happens.
    Ya I think you'd be better off with something a little smaller. Even with a built motor this turbo is HUGE. What are your goals? All out track car? Cage? 10s? 9s?

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Ya I think you'd be better off with something a little smaller. Even with a built motor this turbo is HUGE. What are your goals? All out track car? Cage? 10s? 9s?
    8's.

Lol no, I'm not sure yet honestly. It's gonna take a lot of money, fab, and work. Might just be better scooping up an EM1 with a cage and kswap already done for like 5-6k (3x the price of the turbo haha) but I'm just taking it slow. Im in no rush.

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    8's.

Lol no, I'm not sure yet honestly. It's gonna take a lot of money, fab, and work. Might just be better scooping up an EM1 with a cage and kswap already done for like 5-6k (3x the price of the turbo haha) but I'm just taking it slow. Im in no rush.
    Nice come up on that bigass turbo, definately put that to use on a non-daily track monster!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 9