Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 112131 ... LastLast

Thread: 05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: 05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Have you checked your oil sick to see if your mixing oil and coolant at all? Probably just an air pocket your having but it happens man. I run no thermostat because of that very problem

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What thermostat u using??

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And what temp u have the fans to kick on

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    No ticket. :-) my chances are getting skinny.

I just don't understand. Could the water pump spin the wrong direction and as a result cause overheating keeping thermo closed? I mean yesterday I took friend in car and drove three miles in traffic to highway, needle was perfect. Got on it, it was hot and muggy as hell. No problems. Got on highway gave it hell. Drove at least five miles. Was perfect. Got off and in moving traffic not touching throttle it all of a sudden needle gets just to point where light goes on. I pull over right away. Needle stayed just a tiny bit over half. I stop and leave ignition on so fans are pulling the air nicely with open hood. Then needle went up, not down to 3/4 while car wasn't running. Then, all of a sudden it comes down really nice again and I started up and drove another three miles perfectly normal.
    Had to put 6 - 10 ounces to fill back up. This morning another 6-10 ounces later. I can't believe that the air pocket would be that big. This is what I have been dealing with that just doesn't make any sense to me.
    Classic air pocket problem right here.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score

05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

So, I don't know what temp sets the fan off but it comes on around just over 1/4 guage. Not much info, I know.
    As far as the pocket of air, my filler neck is at the head so I read where to remove the top hose but since filler is there. Dude, I spent at least 15 minutes or more watching the bubbles stop. I figured that since the fans went on then off it was all good.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You can look at you .kal to see what the fans are set to come on at. It's under "protection" in "parameters" on kpro.

I set mine at 150*F but once I get my new water pump setup on the car I'm willing to bet you'll follow in my footsteps. I'll make sure to document the switch well.

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    im on a half sized radiator with a slim fan and i have my fan to come on at 190, the highest itll get will be 195 and come down to 188 after the fan cycle. I also have my water neck on the side of the head and the bleeding process was a PITA and once all done no over heating, on a hott summer day the hottest my system gets is 204 and thats the max with this new fan, radiator i will be changing out

Feedback Score

Well, that's refreshing. How did you manage to get the bubble out? I guess it won't work itself out on its own?

Feedback Score

Glad to know car shouldn't be running so hot. Really frustrating! I personally didn't think it should be running any hotter than normal. I was working those bubbles out and finally thought I had it. Maybe I did, till the heater core hose came off from not being secured properly. It was running right where it should be.
    So from what I've read, jack the car up so air can find its way out?
    I will learn from this point to do everything here on out. Maybe slowly but this actual problem and how to deal with it.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Yes jacking the car up helps a lot. Also turn your heat on full blast.

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 112131 ... LastLast