Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast

Thread: 05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Feedback Score

05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    welcome!

For tires I highly recommend the dunlop star specs, now you'll have to get the zIIs since they discontinued the zIs, but they are supposed to be better. The z1 star specs worked great for me at 370whp.
    I believe I had a set of those. Direzzas right? I loved them at first. Toward the end of season rear end started to want to come around the front when I'd rip in to corners. Ill try them again. The second season I spun them all day long.
    For motorcycles I totally hate donflops michelin or metzlers were the best. I find the same issues with the dunlops for cars apparently. The cornered like they were on rails. I did love that aspect.

Feedback Score

At the moment I just have blizzaks on stock rims. Wanna keep them where they are but the other stock type s wheels I sold with the Dunflops. I was planning on doing whatever works best. Stock rims are 7.5? Should I go 8 or wider? And if/when I do I would just like wider not taller or shorter profile. I want to keep the same tire height as stock specs just wider for traction.
    I really wanna go 15 pound wheels. This is where I'm lost. Wider will be better traction but less rotational mass would be quicker.
    Running the biggest rotrex with a set of drag cartel cams I anticipate in the neighborhood of 400, shooting for 5-550. Is that too much to ask of a stock internal K20?

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I could be wrong but I think there are several 'direzza' tires so the zI or zII star specs is what you want. As for rims stock are 17x7. I fit 235/40/17 zI star specs on my stock rims and they worked well for 400whp 300wtq. 400hp from the k20 is certainly not too much to ask as long as the tuning is solid.

Feedback Score

Ok. I'm sure they were the Z1 Specs. At least the tread pattern looks exactly the same.
    I read a review on the Michelins that stated the owner thought they were better than the dunlops. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361317096.250592.jpg these were the tread design on mine.
    So stock width or wider rim? That's the real question. I really loved these tires at first. The traction after second season was not as good.
    Last edited by SAX JONZ; 02-19-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Feedback Score

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361317509.156151.jpg
    This tread looks more like a slick than does the Michelin. I guess I will stick to these then. For daily summer driving should I stick to stock size or go wider rim and tire combo?

Feedback Score

Last edited by SAX JONZ; 02-19-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Feedback Score

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    Ok. I'm sure they were the Z1 Specs. At least the tread pattern looks exactly the same.
    I read a review on the Michelins that stated the owner thought they were better than the dunlops. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361317096.250592.jpg these were the tread design on mine.
    So stock width or wider rim? That's the real question. I really loved these tires at first. The traction after second season was not as good.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361317509.156151.jpg
    This tread looks more like a slick than does the Michelin. I guess I will stick to these then. For daily summer driving should I stick to stock size or go wider rim and tire combo?
    Your pictures and links didn't work.
    IMO an ideal rim size is 17x8 or 17x9 as you can fit nice wide tires without having too many fitment issues, unless you insist on being slammed (I am not one of those).

Feedback Score
    Thanks aLmK, sorry about the posts. I tried to delete them but it's not working well for me. I will definitely do a little wider then. Hopefully I get my radiator back and get this kit installed and post up pics and numbers. I am looking to track the car this summer so that is where I am getting to. Not worried about slamming or doing anything to the car that wouldn't improve the handling or acceleration.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ya I think if you're going for big power you should be more concerned with traction than rotational mass. I'm not saying to get the heaviest rims you can find, but I wouldn't skimp on nice wide tires to save a few pounds when you are making 400+whp. Especially for FWD.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast