Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 132333 ... LastLast

Thread: 05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    Well, with the exception of jacking up car, stuck a funnel in opening, filled up. Let car run for about fifteen minutes and fans came on and went off. Stopped seeing bubbles and figured it good. Capped it drove it and it looked good but of course it blew the heater core hose off because it wasn't clamped. I'm gonna jack it up and try it again. :-)
    The other problem I have is that when I'm cruising car is warmed up and in first and second it hesitates or cuts out with throttle when it gets to certain rpm. Then power comes on hard then same thing so it's bucking a few times before grabbing and accelerating normally. After 10-15 miles of highway cruising it works fine. Any ideas?
    Hmm, the bucking and hesitating is weird... IDK how that would be associated with your coolant, but I is noob. But to update a little on my previous post. I drove my car to work yesterday and ran some errands afterward, even got on it a tad in 1st and 2nd, and had no issues with my coolant temp.

Money shot!
    Faptastic!

This should be good for some traffic.
    Nice!

Feedback Score

05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Very good. I guess my tune was done on a closed loop and didn't like it too much I guess. Funny thing is that I would get on the road and it would straighten itself out perfectly fine.

Feedback Score

Re: 05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Ok leakdown test was fine till car warmed up then failed. head or gasket no good. Would be possible head warped from overheating tge first time?
    Last edited by SAX JONZ; 07-22-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    I kinda doubt it but how hot did you get it and how bad were the leakdown readings ? my engine has seen 225 degrees when I had the tucked radiator and it didn't hurt it

Feedback Score

Re: 05 RSX Type S Rotrex Project

Well, I was told head gasket went bad. Im really looking forward to getting this taken care of. I'll keep you posted. Any word as to when the meet will be?

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    seems like the tucked radiators might be causing issues

Feedback Score
    Well, I was told head gasket went bad. Im really looking forward to getting this taken care of. I'll keep you posted. Any word as to when the meet will be?
    I havent heard when the meet will be as of yet ands not sure I'll be making the trip

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    seems like the tucked radiators might be causing issues
    I would not recommend running a tucked rad on a boosted k series a full size has been my answer in my eg .I had issue after issue with my tucked radiator .The car would get hot and stay hot and not recover I hated it .It may have looked nice but it failed at cooling my engine properly .I have since bought a Griffin full size from Hybrid Racing and the car actually runs even cooler when I bang on it and recovers quickly it was worth the money though not cheap I love it and the results it has given me .

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    I havent heard when the meet will be as of yet ands not sure I'll be making the trip

I would not recommend running a tucked rad on a boosted k series a full size has been my answer in my eg .I had issue after issue with my tucked radiator .The car would get hot and stay hot and not recover I hated it .It may have looked nice but it failed at cooling my engine properly .I have since bought a Griffin full size from Hybrid Racing and the car actually runs even cooler when I bang on it and recovers quickly it was worth the money though not cheap I love it and the results it has given me .

can u link me to that radiator for future reference,

Feedback Score
    This is the radiator I put in my Eg hatch

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/h...sol-kswap.html

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    This is the radiator I put in my Eg hatch

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/h...sol-kswap.html

thats one badass radiator, now whats your fan setup??

Are u using shroud with your fan(s)??

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 132333 ... LastLast