Thread: Failure: The Secret To Success

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Failure: The Secret To Success

In 2010, Honda came out with a series of short documentaries about their past, the lessons they've learned, and how they came to be the phenomenal company that they are today.

"Honda's not a car company. Honda started as a motorcycle company. More than anything, Honda is an engine company..."

This community was created on the basis of converting a naturally aspirated motor to a forced induction setup on a K-series platform - a Honda motor that is known to be one of, if not the, best responding four-cylinder motors to forced induction. Making over 500 horsepower at the wheels on a motor that normally produces about 200 horsepower at the crank (naturally aspirated) without changing internals is certainly a feat that is difficult to absorb. Safely and effectively making triple the horsepower of a stock motor without changing internals - on pump gas - is literally never heard of in the aftermarket performance world. This is all possible because of the extensive research, development, and testing that Honda goes through for their engines.

"All the demands from Soichiro Honda, [the founder of Honda], were to take risks and fail. The idea is that you can fail 100 times, as long as you succeed once."

Soichiro Honda's secret to success is failure. Failure is a simple concept that many people have a very difficult time accepting. Until this day, Honda's mindset as an engine company is to learn from your failures. Many people view failure as a mistake. However, a mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn something from it.

"There were a lot of failures in 1994. And those failures led to a new engine in 1995. We improved it step-by-step to a point where, finally in '95, we won our first race. In 96, we won the championship. Honda now is the sole supplier of engines in the IRL, or Indy Racing League."

Without further adieu, here is the Honda documentary - "Failure: The Secret to Success":

Make sure to subscribe to our channel!
    Last edited by BoostedK20; 02-01-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    really enjoyed that video!
    2001 Boosted Built k20a2 Billet BB 6766BB

2013=579whp 406trq @ 24 psi c16
    10.87@137mph

2014= 510whp 370trq @ 18psi pump gas

2015= 7xx @ 30psi??

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Failure: The Secret To Success

Deff enjoyed that video. Those '94 Honda engine failures remind me of myself. Lol
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Failure: The Secret To Success

Great video and write up. I'm not one to get excited for a history lesson, but this was very enjoyable. Repped!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    yeah I watched that when it came out and saved it on my mac. It's a great video with a lot of truth behind it. Deep thoughts...

Feedback Score
    Great video, definitely fully truthful and realistic. And the concept of failure being the secret to success is one of the best pieces of advice that can ever be told. AND that comes from one of the biggest companies in the world. I showed this to a bunch of my friends, things like this need to be spread. And "There were a lot of failures in 1994. And those failures led to a new engine in 1995. We improved it step-by-step to a point where, finally in '95, we won our first race. In 96, we won the championship. Honda now is the sole supplier of engines in the IRL, or Indy Racing League." was sick. Gave me goosebumps.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is an awesome video. If anyone else out there is in to racing and formula one and hasn't seen the documentary on Senna, I recommend it. Can be found on netflix!