Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
Well I've actually been discussing running 2 three port solenoids to reduce the boost pressure and was pretty certain it was possible and thought a 4 port can do the same but I have yet to delve into this aspect of my build so I'm not certain yet .I am sure in the near future I'll have a good education on the exact workings of either (2) 3 ports or one 4 port but I hope it can be done .What you say does make sense though I guess I'll just have to do a little more research on it .I will say this I've def made over 30 psi with a 3 port and a 7 lb spring in the gates
I agree with Almk, i am not certain where you read that you can reduce spring pressure but i also do not believe it is possible. Essentially you can't run a boost pressure lower than the spring pressure. A boost controller is only used to increase the total boost you want to run but adding pressure to the top of the WG. Would be beneficial if there was a way to reduce it but with the range a 4 port can operate in, just running a lower psi spring is also a reasonable option.

I think a 44mm wg is perfect for almost every application on this site. some people run twin scrolls and 2 44's might even be overkill but when it comes to preventing creep overkill is best lol. A 60mm wg unless your running some 800hp monster is unnecessary.