Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wastegate Battle: 38mm vs 44mm vs 60mm

Feedback Score
    I never really thought about it til today and you guys are right it's not gonna happen 1/2 ing the spring pressure of 7 psi .He must have been talking about running (2) 3 port boost control solenoids and 1/2 the solenoid duty cycle on them .I am probably just gonna bite the bullet and buy a 4 port rather than fool with 2 solenoids .Snizz your gonna have to fill me in on it this weekend when I meet up with ya .

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    I never really thought about it til today and you guys are right it's not gonna happen 1/2 ing the spring pressure of 7 psi .He must have been talking about running (2) 3 port boost control solenoids and 1/2 the solenoid duty cycle on them .I am probably just gonna bite the bullet and buy a 4 port rather than fool with 2 solenoids .Snizz your gonna have to fill me in on it this weekend when I meet up with ya .
    You can get one from Vit for just $60, fairly cheap in the boost world. As for you using two wastegates, I think you can just put a T in both the lines coming out the side of the solenoid that go to the wastegate, and run a line to each gate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    You can get one from Vit for just $60, fairly cheap in the boost world. As for you using two wastegates, I think you can just put a T in both the lines coming out the side of the solenoid that go to the wastegate, and run a line to each gate.
    Just ordered a 4 port from him thanks fellas for clearing me up on that ish

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just ordered a 4 port from him thanks fellas for clearing me up on that ish
    Nice, what are you using now for boost control? I'd like to hear your impressions after you get it in and tuned.

Feedback Score
    Nice, what are you using now for boost control? I'd like to hear your impressions after you get it in and tuned.
    Currently running a 3 port mac valve .I now need to order springs for the waste gates and change them out the only thing is by the time I get them and get them in it's likely gonna be a little cool outside .I did a full pull this afternoon on 20 psi and man was that fun but traction is on the brink in 4 th gear up top I can feel it's about to cut loose but didn't yet haha

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Currently running a 3 port mac valve .I now need to order springs for the waste gates and change them out the only thing is by the time I get them and get them in it's likely gonna be a little cool outside .I did a full pull this afternoon on 20 psi and man was that fun but traction is on the brink in 4 th gear up top I can feel it's about to cut loose but didn't yet haha
    Gotcha. I'm really curious how much an improvement you will get out of the 4 port in terms of spool time with your GT35 and twin scroll. I would think it could improve the spool quite a bit, but I could be mistaken.

Feedback Score
    Gotcha. I'm really curious how much an improvement you will get out of the 4 port in terms of spool time with your GT35 and twin scroll. I would think it could improve the spool quite a bit, but I could be mistaken.
    I really don't have much lag now though so I am not sure it's gonna make a huge difference other than blowing the tires off but I guess I'll see I really wanna be able to run less boost with the lower wg springs for traction in 1 st and second and still be able to make big boost say 25 lbs or so on c16 .My turbo spools pretty quickly now I love that old school 35r in twin scroll

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really don't have much lag now though so I am not sure it's gonna make a huge difference other than blowing the tires off but I guess I'll see I really wanna be able to run less boost with the lower wg springs for traction in 1 st and second and still be able to make big boost say 25 lbs or so on c16 .My turbo spools pretty quickly now I love that old school 35r in twin scroll
    Ya it may not help your spool as much because you're twin scroll. But will definitely give you the other benefit. Now I highly doubt Vit will even use quick spool in 1st and 2nd because of traction. He didn't on my setup.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ_Type-S View Post
    I don't. Ive never heard of port differences until I joined thid site
    Welcome to BoostedK20. Lmao

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    OK the 4 port solenoid and two new wg springs are ordered the lowest spring they make for the Tial MVRs is a 0.3 bar 4.35 psi but that's better than the 8.7 lb springs I currently have .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast