Thread: How to remove door panels

Feedback Score

How to remove door panels

Trying to get my door panels off my 8th gen accord coupe. That and the pillars so I can resurface them. Any help would be great!! And if anybody has tips to take headliner with moonroof off to resurface that too, I heard the windshield might have to come out to do that.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How to remove door panels

I don't have an Accord but typically there are a mixture of screws and push type fasteners.

Check in the door handle itself for a Phillips screw, could possibly be under a cap.

Check where you grab the door to shut it from inside the car and see if you see a Phillips screw there.

If you have a plastic piece that covers where your side view mirrors bolts are, remove that.

Take a thin flat head screw driver and insert it between the door and the panel at the bottom corner and gently pry. Should hear a couple pops and you'd see what the fasteners look like. You should just work your way around the door and you'll be able to "lift up" the panel and get to the wiring.

Although! Some manufactures have made it to where you have to remove the door speaker to reveal anything else holding the panel on. Not sure how yours is set up.

But I have a couple friends with accords. I'll have a look tomorrow and see for myself.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011