Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Bang-For-Your-Buck Tranny Thread

Feedback Score
    Just swap out the guts in the 5speed and put them into your 6 speed case and keep 6th. I also talked to Jotech and he said for 900 plus shipping he will build you one that holds up to 398tq. That is not bad at all just find a spare tranny and ship it off to get it worked on. I did read a post that he did not tell what he did to it but as long as it holds up to 398tq I think most of us will be fine.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Best Bang-For-Your-Buck Tranny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ksboi View Post
    Just swap out the guts in the 5speed and put them into your 6 speed case and keep 6th. I also talked to Jotech and he said for 900 plus shipping he will build you one that holds up to 398tq. That is not bad at all just find a spare tranny and ship it off to get it worked on. I did read a post that he did not tell what he did to it but as long as it holds up to 398tq I think most of us will be fine.
    Yea he did my friends tranny. I have confidence in it, as ive been in the car. But I don't like not knowing whats done, ratios, etc. I know he started out with OEM gears from other cars, like the element. But then his stuff disappeared

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    900 bucks and not knowing what he has done to it, i wouldnt trust it imo.
    2001 Boosted Built k20a2 Billet BB 6766BB

2013=579whp 406trq @ 24 psi c16
    10.87@137mph

2014= 510whp 370trq @ 18psi pump gas

2015= 7xx @ 30psi??

Feedback Score

I talked to him about the trans build they do. They tell you what they do, but the things they told me didn't really make it sounds any stronger. maybe they leave some things out. They also didnt tell me it would hold 350tq though. Also I don't think it comes with a warranty. So it might hold, but who knows for how long.

Sent from my EVO 3D with Tapatalk 2

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It also might never get done or shipped to you.

Feedback Score
    It it will not get shipped I have some close nit military friends who have no problem going to see him. I may just buy the new 3/4 from honda and slap it and and during income tax drop the 1900 on the ppg 3/4. Those are stupid long ratio I wanna say 140-150ish in top of 4th lol. Should be a fun drive to get icecream.

Feedback Score
    i remember a while back jeff from go power/skunk2 was saying ppgs were a waste but i forgot the reason as to why.

and is it just me or has anyone else noticed that most race cars have been using oem gears and just replacing them as they break?

but as for me i bought a spare fg2 tranny for a good price and i just have it chillin waiting for the stock one to break

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by fre$h si View Post
    i remember a while back jeff from go power/skunk2 was saying ppgs were a waste but i forgot the reason as to why.

and is it just me or has anyone else noticed that most race cars have been using oem gears and just replacing them as they break?

but as for me i bought a spare fg2 tranny for a good price and i just have it chillin waiting for the stock one to break
    I dont really think you can say they arw a waste. They will hold crazy amounts of power without fail. They are crazy expensive. 4-5k to get the trans done right not including labor if you Cant takle it yourself. Compae that to 90 dollars or so to for a single broken gear..its a big difference and will take a very long time for that to equal 5k. If you buy full gear sets at 300ish it will clearly add up much faster

Most people do just fix the gear that breaks drop your trans 4-5 times a year and you won't wanna keep doing it. You can keep beating ppg's also the ratios are better for high power cars.

I will probably also just get a 5 speed, use a 4.3 final and a 6th gear...but I would say they are far from a waste

Sent from my EVO 3D with Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by snizzletoff; 01-09-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Feedback Score
    I am trying to get a group buy with ppg but it seems they think I wanna build a race team. I have seen about 5 companies that offer stronger gears for a complete built tranny with PPG 1-4 and stock 5/6 it was 4k. That is not bad if you got a extra tranny laying around. I just want to do it right the first time and not have to worry about it. My car is basicly to scare my family and beat on it a few times. Plus my son loves it.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Testing [MENTION=209]ksboi[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Si Speed 317[/MENTION] [MENTION=56]Adm_rsx[/MENTION] [MENTION=28]Spaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]BoostedK20[/MENTION]

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast