Page 1 of 83 11151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuild take IV

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rebuild take IV

So after installing my aerocatch pins I wanted to add my thermostat so I could have heat this winter.

After install the car over heated about 2 times while trying to work the air out. Thermostat wasn't opening and seems the car blew a head gasket.

So the times come to build another motor. Pretty fuckin pissed about it.

I'll add pictures and info once I hear back from the machine shop.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    man that really stinks, i hope your able to get it all together soon without needing to spend to much

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rebuild take IV

It needs pistons at least because the ones i have are pretty bad off. And they weren't a full skirt type piston. They were a 1/2 skirt or less. Which really aren't supposed to see boost anyways.
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    sucks to hear man, but make it better than before, in for pics

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rebuild take IV

So today I bought a few of these to add to the setup.

From prayoonto racing.
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    So after installing my aerocatch pins I wanted to add my thermostat so I could have heat this winter.

After install the car over heated about 2 times while trying to work the air out. Thermostat wasn't opening and seems the car blew a head gasket.

So the times come to build another motor. Pretty fuckin pissed about it.

I'll add pictures and info once I hear back from the machine shop.

Overheated meaning hit 240+ ECT at idle while trying to burp the coolant system? I did that on my car... still runs fine, no coolant issues. I had it at 255* before I shut the car off when I saw my guage on my laptop pegged out. Went and drag raced it to get booted from the track after that. lol

There's no load at idle, I'd be surprised if it ruined the HG or anything at all.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VitViper View Post
    Overheated meaning hit 240+ ECT at idle while trying to burp the coolant system? I did that on my car... still runs fine, no coolant issues. I had it at 255* before I shut the car off when I saw my guage on my laptop pegged out. Went and drag raced it to get booted from the track after that. lol

There's no load at idle, I'd be surprised if it ruined the HG or anything at all.
    yea its hard to understand that. I have also battled issues with overheating and stuff and to blow a headgasket while idling is crazy!!!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rebuild take IV

Quote Originally Posted by VitViper View Post

You very well may be right. But I didn't like what I saw when I removed my oil cap. I have yet to yank the vc off and or drop the pan. Dip stick oil looked ok I guess. It is just a pain in my ass that just simply wanting to install a thermostat has caused me such issue. I have done several motors in cars and never had such an issue with the cooling system as I am with this dumb ass stock k24.

Do you have any idea as to why the radiator would be constantly spitting out large amounts of coolant while idling?

I took a boiled the thermostat to see it it opens and it for sure did. But I don't understand why my lower hose stayed cold.

Either way the sleeved blocks getting done and boost is soon to be back in full effect. But to have a properly running spare would be nice.
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    K series motors suck to burp the coolant system -- I've had my mech buddy (k20z3allmotor) tell me he's had to take a heat gun to the thermo housing to get the thermo to open and get all the air out.

Personally I go through this crazy cycle every time I do something with the coolant system on my car -- fill the radiator, won't take more coolant, start car, 20 seconds later ECT at the head hits 230, turn car off. It settles, add tons more coolant, start car, and it sits there at like 210-220 ect forever... and damn thermo wouldn't open.

This motor is weird... 220 at the head doesn't necessarily mean you're at 220 at the thermo... lol

And yes, even when it gets to a stable temp at like 190-200, the radiator will just gush out tons of coolant. You need the no spill filler shit for the radiator my mech buddy uses to burp the coolant system. I always deal with spill clean ups cause I'm too lazy to find a place that sells it... heh

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rebuild take IV

I have never had this much issue with it before lol. I'll try again tonight.
    Tire slayer

Page 1 of 83 11151 ... LastLast