Page 19 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9192969 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuild take IV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    I wish I had a lift!!! Would make things so much easier!

I have a nice garage and wish I had put a lift in it but oh well it keeps me movin doin stuff on the shop floor

Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Yea it takes time. I just hope you stay in the game and don't lose faith! You're like I am. Do it once, do it right

Agreed !

LOL good viewpoint. And very true, definitely keeps some of us out of trouble when not running. But some people (cough cough [MENTION=824]SAX JONZ[/MENTION] cough cough) seem to get in trouble either way.

I want to get some legit threads going so we can pack out the info on this forum. Coolant flushes, HG swaps, etc. That's what we're lacking.

Exactly. My worst part is not having anywhere to work on my car aside from my driveway. I have a huge lift at my house, but my father's big ass box truck is in it. Sucks for me sometimes lol. No biggie, can't keep me down!
    I have a court date in a few weeks Damit !
    Sounds like you gotta talk him into movin the truck out

Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a total noob and not a stranger to wrenching but the welding I have to just say not ever gonna happen. I'd be happy to learn how to rebuild and engine. Really happy.
    Its really not hard to do with a ton of info at our fingertips and good parts I just built my first k20 last winter and it's running stronger than ever seeing 9k + every time I drive it !

I would be really appreciative for write ups and experiences. I am serious about learning all that I can about this supercharger I have in my car. I get it, hopefully I can at some point in time contribute. :-)
    best way to learn is to do it and ask questions along the way just be careful who ya listen to !

Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    You can run a low 12 no problem. My personal best was a 11.9 at 330whp. You just need slicks

Yea man the problems are all coming out back to back but the new motor is basically done just needs assembled with head Gasket and oil pump and new water pump setup. This car is what keeps me going I guess lol

Lmaooooo [MENTION=824]SAX JONZ[/MENTION] gets in Trouble on bikes as well.

You'll get threw man is a learning thing. Start small work your way up. I started with oil changes.

s4 petefromthestreets
    Glad to hear its goin well and at least you have it running now with the current engine .I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my car be kinda bored actually til I found some other way to spend my time modifying something .

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Rebuild take IV

Time slips from the Friday night test n tune.

First pass.

Clutch started slipping rightat the launch second pass. I am Wot shift approved.

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The head I had ported is finished now. It's a mild port job. Slight reshaping of the bowl ect. Exhaust ports weren't touched except for the short turn. Here's what I have for now as pics go. Valves are Manley race spec valves oversized +1mm intake only. Custom seat angles and shapes for better flow around the valve.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score

Rebuild take IV

Looks good, who did the work?

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by My07si View Post
    Looks good, who did the work?
    Thanks man. It was A local performance machine shop that specializes in mitsubishi's. Called Jackson auto machine. But they took the challenge of doing my block and head.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Looks good Adam I haven't heard of them but hopefully they did a good job for ya it certainly looks good

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Looks good Adam I haven't heard of them but hopefully they did a good job for ya it certainly looks good
    Thanks man. I can't wait to put it together and in the car.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score

Head on my car is coming off and getting sent out to be shaved. Apparently the boost was creeping under the gasket or worse...

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Head on my car is coming off and getting sent out to be shaved. Apparently the boost was creeping under the gasket or worse...
    Really? I'm surprised. Did you see any coolant being mixed with oil?

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score

Rebuild take IV

No. But radiator is stout and was vacuum seed, thermo was drilled, runs perfect but once it boosts it overheats. The head could be warped? Surely boosting doesn't equate to FORD.

Page 19 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9192969 ... LastLast