Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Aerocatch hood latches

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Aerocatch hood latches

Quote Originally Posted by boosted_teg View Post
    unfortunatly i have to hack my CF hood on mine and install a set of these. Scary watching it lift at 120+mph. Nice DIY, ill definetly be following this when time comes
    Yea I never was a fan if watching my cf hood lift on my crx. I installed to ghey hood pins on that tho. Never again. Lol
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    did you remove your oem latch after the isntall?

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Aerocatch hood latches

[MENTION=921]Frostydc5[/MENTION] no I didn't. Only reason being is that my car is still driven on the streets and I didn't want to buy the locking version. Pending the car is ever track only I will remove the oem latch

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    [MENTION=921]Frostydc5[/MENTION] no I didn't. Only reason being is that my car is still driven on the streets and I didn't want to buy the locking version. Pending the car is ever track only I will remove the oem latch

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    damn im daily driven but my t bar is cracked where the latch mounts so if i replace it i have to get it painted too so i might just get the lockig ones and do it that way. otherwide you need to slam the hood. and i mean SLAM the hood or the latch doesnt catch. great diy tho!!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostydc5 View Post
    damn im daily driven but my t bar is cracked where the latch mounts so if i replace it i have to get it painted too so i might just get the lockig ones and do it that way. otherwide you need to slam the hood. and i mean SLAM the hood or the latch doesnt catch. great diy tho!!
    Yea man just get the locking ones and absolute can make you a new "t bar" I'm sure and you can mount them to that.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Yea man just get the locking ones and absolute can make you a new "t bar" I'm sure and you can mount them to that.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    the bar is ok just where the latch is bolted to that has an issue so im just going to remove the latch and use the locking latches instead. not sure where im going to put them tho lol decision decision...

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostydc5 View Post
    the bar is ok just where the latch is bolted to that has an issue so im just going to remove the latch and use the locking latches instead. not sure where im going to put them tho lol decision decision...
    Oh ok then that works fine lol. And if the two I posted I prefer where I put them as opposed to where the black 02-04 had put them. Better look Personally.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I also installed the Aerocatch hood pins and love them

Installed my new hood pins

One other main point to point out...
    These do have a direction recommended for install! Do not installed them backwards
    They are designed with a latch, the latch should be facing towards the car, this way in the event that the lock breaks, the wind will keep pressure on the latch to help hold it down. If installed backwards then the wind will easily catch the latch and flip it up releasing the hood pins. This will be a bad incident...
    Last edited by Spaz; 02-27-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    I also installed the Aerocatch hood pins and love them

Installed my new hood pins

One other main point to point out...
    These do have a direction recommended for install! Do not installed them backwards
    They are designed with a latch, the latch should be facing towards the car, this way in the event that the lock breaks, the wind will keep pressure on the latch to help hold it down. If installed backwards then the wind will easily catch the latch and flip it up releasing the hood pins. This will be a bad incident...
    Good point! I should have added that in there. I know a lot of cars have them the opposite way for some reason or another.

Side note: your car looks sick all track ready like. The hood pins increase the meanness of the hood tripplybad.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Cage plus radio member #1
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PetefromtheStreets View Post
    Good point! I should have added that in there. I know a lot of cars have them the opposite way for some reason or another.

Side note: your car looks sick all track ready like. The hood pins increase the meanness of the hood tripplybad.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Cage plus radio member #1
    you mentioned on it on your original post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast