Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushguts's new mods to 13 stang

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Bushguts's new mods to 13 stang

Nice pass! DRs definitely make a big difference. And with your power virtually stock, it's only gonna get better from here on out. Check out DRs from ksboi, he can prob get a better deal than any local spot or online. I'm gonna grab another set this spring.

And I'm sure you can't wait till Sunday! Props on the run, glad you're having fun with her.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    before drop

new parts (LCA and relocation brackets and adjustable panhard bar)

shifter bracket (stock vs aftermarket)

in this pic you see a box that is where the shifter bracket connects to. what causes the 3rd gear mis shift is the stock bracket is rubber and the box moves inside that rubber and the factory shift linkage line goes inside that bracket and by that box moving it mis aligns the shift causing you to miss the gear

after drop

the car now has no more wheel hop and now it hooks better. no body roll and it handles like an import, lol. the relocation brackets changed the pinion angle downward resulting in making the tires dig in the ground and gain traction. i also no longer miss 3rd gear. all in all it was well worth it. the car feels more planted and is actually faster because it no longer hops.
    Last edited by BUSHGUTS; 01-13-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cool stuff. Seems like all simple and fairly cheap mods to get nice gains!

Feedback Score
    ya, not too bad. 250 for springs, 150 for LCA'S, 125 for relocation brackets, 80 for shifter bracket, 150 for panhard bar.

Feedback Score
    Never really liked stangs much but your generation grew on me after seeing a shelby gt flying down the road. Love them now, just need to add a nice big turbo under to hood or a whipple

Do you notice prices on parts way cheaper then the civic?
    2001 Boosted Built k20a2 Billet BB 6766BB

2013=579whp 406trq @ 24 psi c16
    10.87@137mph

2014= 510whp 370trq @ 18psi pump gas

2015= 7xx @ 30psi??

Feedback Score
    some are cheaper n some arent. just depends on the brand i guess. the tuning device is only 380 so thats a lot cheaper than hondata. headers are anywhere form 400-2000 and the install time on headers are 10 hrs because you have to disassemble a lot of things. exhausts are a lot more money. if you want a good catback your gonna spend 1500 easy. axle backs are anywhere from 300-800. intakes are about 350-400 but they call them cai, i call them sri. but with just an intake and tune people are hitting low 12's easy.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Bushguts's new mods to 13 stang

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post
    some are cheaper n some arent. just depends on the brand i guess. the tuning device is only 380 so thats a lot cheaper than hondata. headers are anywhere form 400-2000 and the install time on headers are 10 hrs because you have to disassemble a lot of things. exhausts are a lot more money. if you want a good catback your gonna spend 1500 easy. axle backs are anywhere from 300-800. intakes are about 350-400 but they call them cai, i call them sri. but with just an intake and tune people are hitting low 12's easy.
    Those 5.0's are definitely beasts. I've got a friend he's got 100 shot and drags on and ran 11.30 or 11.50 he said. An auto car.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Bushguts's new mods to 13 stang

I love this build. Keep it going

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    thanks, i will post some pics as soon as i clean up the car soon. i will also be moving the LCA down 1 hole since the top hole is for stock ride height. oops.

Feedback Score
    Ok, i just got done moving the LCA to the middle hole. Wow what a difference. Before i moved it today i would just spin. Now no spin at all. On a 5-10 roll, i just mash the gas and all it does is hook, literally. Its so much faster because i have gained tons of traction. Now i cant wait for track day. Honestly the best mods you can do is the shifter bracket, LCA and relocation bracket. Car is more of an animal now. It just accelerates unbeleivably. And all 3 tractions controls were off too.

I can say this, my old jrsc fg2 would not be able to catch up with this car off the line nor would it be able to reel it in. What a difference traction makes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast