Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: new k20 here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Hmm. Seems legit. But I know of several cars running 580+whp on stock rod length and used for exactly what your looking to do. Matter of fact a user on here "vdubkilla" made 580ish on an all stock bottom end. K20z1. And drove it like it was stolen.

But a modified oil pump like ERL or KMOD may be a nice piece to add if your looking for 9000+rpm. As would a nice set of valve springs.
    Awesome just what I wanted to hear. I will probably leave that for the next bottom end and I wont even that high unless the math works out ill need it.

I decided to do head internals. Along with the bottom end rods And pistons. I was just tossing the idea around if it could be done easily like a 4g I would do.it withough question.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

new k20 here

Quote Originally Posted by 93si View Post
    Awesome just what I wanted to hear. I will probably leave that for the next bottom end and I wont even that high unless the math works out ill need it.

I decided to do head internals. Along with the bottom end rods And pistons. I was just tossing the idea around if it could be done easily like a 4g I would do.it withough question.
    Great man. Glad you've joined and Put out the word of our forum if you will. We always need more members.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Welcome to the site and yes he is right I ran the hell out of that stock z1 on 26.6 lbs 585 hp / 414 trq and hit boost cut at 30+lbs on more than one occasion .I only put a few thousand miles on it .It still ran perfect the whole time til I pulled it apart to have it sleeved and build the motor. I don't think I'd run that much boost on a car that was a dd .I'd stick with 18-22 lbs personally ah hell no I wouldn't .........

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Welcome to the site and yes he is right I ran the hell out of that stock z1 on 26.6 lbs 585 hp / 414 trq and hit boost cut at 30+lbs on more than one occasion .I only put a few thousand miles on it .It still ran perfect the whole time til I pulled it apart to have it sleeved and build the motor. I don't think I'd run that much boost on a car that was a dd .I'd stick with 18-22 lbs personally ah hell no I wouldn't .........
    LOL that's awesome....

What trans did you use? That's my big worry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Great man. Glad you've joined and Put out the word of our forum if you will. We always need more members.

I def will I have a friend who just picked up a k20 and also wants to swap it into his ef.... so I am sure he will join up soon

Feedback Score
    Welcome Welcome!!! Let me know what you need I am here to help. I drive a boost sedan. As for rods/pistons there are so many combos you can go for. I got eagle rods which are good for 800hp iirc and wiseco piston compression ratio of 10.8:1. As for injectors you can run 1000 or 1300cc on e85 and you will be fine. Let me know if you need anything PM or email me. My prices do not change but if you become a sponsor you get a little better deal.

Feedback Score
    I ran a stock ep3 with a Quaife diff the eg hatch is a light chassis compared to many and although I did run the hell out of it every time I drove it. I did NOT do dumb shit on the street like burn outs .I only did that at the track while on slicks launching it at 6500 rpms in third gear .The ep3 trans held very well to the abuse even though I had shifter issues with an aftermarket shifter. Then issues with a improperly assembled twin disc due to not knowing any better at the time .I will be running a stock trans again this season til it goes then I'll put the one back in that I tore up last year as I am going to be repairing it also for a spare .I always keep a spare trans and hell I can get them for a good price its gonna take a long time to equal the cost of a built trans .

Feedback Score
    wow. thats bad ass. i really only plan on getting on it a few times under 40-60 mph range.... i am glad to see that the ep3 trans is alot stronger than i have bene told.

i plan on getting a set of slicks and giving it the beating at the track but mild street fun. just gotta keep it some what sane. i plan on hititng a few shows about an hour away.

but the hatch is already gutted... hoping to get some decent speed out of her.

Feedback Score
    now to to hunt down a 5 speed and a lsd

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

new k20 here

Mfactory LSDs are nice pieces that I've seen. I'll say now DO NOT get an OBX LSD. My driver side axle won't lock into the diff. So around corners it will slide out slightly. Emailed them and obviously no response. Just felt like cussing them out to make myself feel a little better.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast