Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 81828 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged CHAT Thread

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulliedog View Post
    Take the 62" back and tell them you need a 56" if that is what you measured it at. They can use the belt number to find the belt in the size you need. I take it that this is a RSX or a swap car?
    He has a DC5R, he lives in London. Thank you for posting up quickly

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Take the 62" back and tell them you need a 56" if that is what you measured it at. They can use the belt number to find the belt in the size you need. I take it that this is a RSX or a swap car?
    thanks buddy.. i ordered an gatorback one 4070553 7PK1405 55.30in should be nice and tight

struggling to take pulley off, our cars here get more rusty than yours,

Last edited by beppe; 04-16-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Feedback Score
    This the right Route for belt with no aircon... im hoping to gain a few hp back from taken it off?

Feedback Score
    is it possible to route it like normal but with by-passing the AC? Or with it hit the water pump pulley? The little bit of wrap on the water pump concerns me.

Feedback Score
    is it possible to route it like normal but with by-passing the AC? Or with it hit the water pump pulley? The little bit of wrap on the water pump concerns me.
    hits water pump if wrapped normally without aircon.. i found this photo

Feedback Score
    Has anybody heard about modifying you OEM honda tensinoror "cutting off the stopper" so the tensinor can push further then normal on the belt to get a tighter fit ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K24_Acura_EL View Post
    Has anybody heard about modifying you OEM honda tensinoror "cutting off the stopper" so the tensinor can push further then normal on the belt to get a tighter fit ??
    Yea- its an easy mod- I did it a while ago. A small dremel works best- you need to pull the tensioner off the stops, then grind down the stop a bit to allow the tensioner to swing more. Just take it slow and test fit it with the belt a couple times until you have the right amount of tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluEP3_SC View Post
    Yea- its an easy mod- I did it a while ago. A small dremel works best- you need to pull the tensioner off the stops, then grind down the stop a bit to allow the tensioner to swing more. Just take it slow and test fit it with the belt a couple times until you have the right amount of tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have link or a DIY I could follow. I know it is pretty strait forward.

BoostedK20 Sponsor
    Feedback Score
    Do not do this Mod. It does not increase your tension. Just helps you install the wrong belt and create bigger problems later.

If you are going past the stop there is little spring load to help with proper belt tension.

If you are not going to have an SC I guess it does not matter as much, but alternator may slip often unnoticeably.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [MENTION=985]K24_Acura_EL[/MENTION] Just making sure you saw MercRacing's post following yours. He's the man that would know best

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 81828 ... LastLast