Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 112131 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged CHAT Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluEP3_SC View Post
    We get the k20a2/ k20z1/k20z3 here... but i am picking up a jdm k20a complete swap- identical motor as you have. I am looking to set the redline to 8800-9000 depending where it stops making power. After calculating the blower rpm at redline- i figure at max, 9000rpm redline, with a 3in blower pulley I'll be right at 17300rpm at the blower- which is about 3-400 rpm below what the blower porter recommends as max safe working rpm. Im not taking any chances this time around after the blower blew up the first time lol
    only problem with the higher compression is needs good fuel and dont like loads of boost.. i only fuel up with 99 octane fuel as lower grade will knock.. ill have to see whats it like at 10psi might be the limit dont want the motor going bang..

lower k20a2 is better for boost
    Last edited by beppe; 08-04-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Feedback Score

Supercharged CHAT Thread

Quote Originally Posted by beppe View Post
    only problem with the higher compression is needs good fuel.. i only fuel up with 99 octane fuel as lower grade will knock.. ill have to see whats it like at 10psi might be the limit dont want the motor going bang..
    Eh im not to worried about fuel- i use e85 here with a 93 oct back up tune along with meth injection. My tuner just tuned a stock jdm k20a on a c38-91 rotrex setup at ~20 psi making 475whp so i think we have a pretty high ceiling power wise.

Link to k20a dyno:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...08670155827677
    Last edited by bluEP3_SC; 08-04-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluEP3_SC View Post
    Eh im not to worried about fuel- i use e85 here with a 93 oct back up tune along with meth injection. My tuner just tuned a stock jdm k20a on a c38-91 rotrex setup at ~20 psi making 475whp so i think we have a pretty high ceiling power wise.

Link to k20a dyno:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...08670155827677

you guys know how to tune them properly.. over here i don't think there that experienced..

i tune mine myself.. its quick for 7psi boost car.. but im sure can be quicker..

there no tuners on here that help me!!

you on facebook add me beppe Dean

Feedback Score
    you guys know how to tune them properly.. over here i don't think there that experienced..

i tune mine myself.. its quick for 7psi boost car.. but im sure can be quicker..

there no tuners on here that help me!!

you on facebook add me beppe Dean
    Email Derek at IMW- he could probably help you with e-tune and get you running properly

Feedback Score
    Do you plan on porting your blower or is it already ported? Have you thought about a snout cooler as well?

Feedback Score
    haven't ported the standard inlet i was thinking of doing it, how beneficial is it?

snout cooler where do you get one of those?

Feedback Score
    haven't ported the standard inlet i was thinking of doing it, how beneficial is it?

Porting and snout cooler located here-
    http://stiegemeier.com/?mobile=0

Pic of mine for reference

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407317768.760757.jpg

Feedback Score

b
    Not worth porting the stock inlet. Purchase one. Gives you better and more airflow. Porting the blower actual increases the cfm's that the blower can move and at about 8% cooler from what I have read. Add the bigger inlet and bigger intake. Then you have more air available for the blower to move. Snout cooler come from Stiegemeier. I think they are the only ones but not 100% sure. It keep your snout bearing cool which helps longevity and helps keep the blower cooler as well. The snout is where most of a SC heat is generated. It might help some in making more power but imo it is more for protecting the blower when spinning at high rpm's.

Feedback Score
    thankyou for all your help guys...

im thinking isnt it better to just get a whipple charger already more efficient blower.. even thought about rotrex.. what advantage does the twinscrew have..

how does the whipple charger work does it fit on the same jrsc manifold? does it fit without modification in the RSX body?

look forward to replys

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know bulliedog had to cut his radiator support a little to fit his whipple, beyond that I'm not entirely sure what was needed to make it fit. As for the rotrex blowers, the torque curve for them is significantly different than what you're using to with a roots style blower. Check out some graphs and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 112131 ... LastLast