Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1222 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged CHAT Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beppe View Post
    thankyou for all your help guys...

im thinking isnt it better to just get a whipple charger already more efficient blower.. even thought about rotrex.. what advantage does the twinscrew have..

how does the whipple charger work does it fit on the same jrsc manifold? does it fit without modification in the RSX body?

look forward to replys
    The whipple works similar to your JRSC m62- only its rotors are designed to compress air where your m62 speeds up the air (blows it).

The whipple needs modification to your existing manifold- a new bypass valve- and inlet. It is also significantly larger than your m62- so you will need to make space for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    I know bulliedog had to cut his radiator support a little to fit his whipple, beyond that I'm not entirely sure what was needed to make it fit. As for the rotrex blowers, the torque curve for them is significantly different than what you're using to with a roots style blower. Check out some graphs and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    The trim was so little its not even worth even talking about.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bulliedog View Post
    The trim was so little its not even worth even talking about.
    For such a tiny looking engine bay- you 8th gen guys can fit a ton of stuff. His RSX has a good deal of room too but i think he still needs to modify the rad support and possibly by the headlight for the pulley to clear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bulliedog View Post
    b
    Not worth porting the stock inlet. Purchase one. Gives you better and more airflow. Porting the blower actual increases the cfm's that the blower can move and at about 8% cooler from what I have read. Add the bigger inlet and bigger intake. Then you have more air available for the blower to move. Snout cooler come from Stiegemeier. I think they are the only ones but not 100% sure. It keep your snout bearing cool which helps longevity and helps keep the blower cooler as well. The snout is where most of a SC heat is generated. It might help some in making more power but imo it is more for protecting the blower when spinning at high rpm's.

the eaton m62 is the same as the jackson same as the one used in the mercedes engine. they port the bottom side blower found this:

is this what is needed to do too ours?

im just seeing if i can get it ported locally from UK than send to USA

also can you guys tell me where i can get some ceramic snout bearings from loads of ebay of the standard bearings kit and seal..

Feedback Score
    the eaton m62 is the same as the jackson same as the one used in the mercedes engine. they port the bottom side blower found this:

also can you guys tell me where i can get some ceramic snout bearings from loads of ebay of the standard bearings kit and seal..
    Look up rolling performance for ceramic bearings for the m62.

I dont think they port the bottom of the blower casing- they actually pull the rotor pack out and port the inside of the blower housing for more CFM and more clearance for the rotors as they heat up from higher blower rpm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluEP3_SC View Post
    Look up rolling performance for ceramic bearings for the m62.

I dont think they port the bottom of the blower casing- they actually pull the rotor pack out and port the inside of the blower housing for more CFM and more clearance for the rotors as they heat up from higher blower rpm.

thanks mate

is it worth changing the rear rotor bearing too only $20

do i need 2 or 4?

link here : http://www.rollingperformance.com/rotorbearings.htm

and im getting this sticking with standard bearings

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1714141708...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

while its off i might aswell port the manifold
    Last edited by beppe; 08-11-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Feedback Score
    thanks mate

is it worth changing the rear rotor bearing too only $20

do i need 2 or 4?

link here : http://www.rollingperformance.com/rotorbearings.htm

and im getting this sticking with standard bearings

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1714141708...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

while its off i might aswell port the manifold
    Considering those rear needle bearings are what failed and caused me to rebuild my blower and source a new motor... I would say replace those while you are in there. The kit comes with the 2 bearings you need since you only have 2 rotors in your blower.

Feedback Score

Porting the housing has benefits. Porting the inlet of the blower really does not. The picture you posted is the outlet. If you send your blower to a shop to port it, when they rebuild it just tell them what bearings you want to run or ask what they recommend. I know Steigemeier does combo pricing. I am sure there are other companies that port as well.

Feedback Score
    rotors look good to me..

Feedback Score
    * update *

jackson completely off dismantled took to my local mates shop, bearing seem fine but having them changed anyway.. bottom seal had slight leak so prob loosing a bit of boost so having all gaskets made. also who ever put inlet gasket on wasn't on right causing a lip restriction of flow.

still not sure about porting the blower..

ive order an newer car dc5 type r facelift from japan..should be with me end sept gonna put jackson on it. went for FL has Stronger Anti roll bars stiffer body.. some say the gearbox 4th gear is longer, thats why the FL is a Tad quicker then pre facelift.

few pix

Gasket made wrong

needle bearing part No.

snout bearings.. still waiting for needle bearings to come

manifold cleaned best i could

oil looked still new after a year..
    Last edited by beppe; 09-19-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1222 ... LastLast