Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2030 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged CHAT Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beppe View Post
    so on the dc5 chassis the bottam mounted c38 charger is too big and needs modification to fit??

do you guys know any good places to source just the charger kit and bottam mount.. there too expensive here in london..

thanks
    I think TTS makes a DIY kit, which is basically the charger, mounting bracket, and oil pieces. It is pretty much the same as our kraftwerks DIY kit. You would need custom intercooler with piping- these guys have good examples of what you would need to do. It would take some work but you could be looking at 4-500whp on that stock k20a with the right charger and bolt ons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking that tq number is pretty awesome. My numbers for a k20 are lower than I expected. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422766650.456740.jpg
    But there is always E85 and with version 4 KPRO I can run dual fuel so that's nice. Damn, your kit made more powa than mine does. It's a conservative dyno but yeah, maybe it's time to go back to drawing board.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus, she's a heffer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    I'm thinking that tq number is pretty awesome. My numbers for a k20 are lower than I expected. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422766650.456740.jpg
    But there is always E85 and with version 4 KPRO I can run dual fuel so that's nice. Damn, your kit made more powa than mine does. It's a conservative dyno but yeah, maybe it's time to go back to drawing board.

Now your using the DC2.2 cams right? You should take a look at that k20a.org link I posted. Jaydee has been experimenting and developing his rotrex atom for a long time now and he has made a TON of power on it. His stock motor k20z1 with c38-81, meth injection, and pump 91 made 540whp when he added a RRC intake and a 74mm throttle body.... That's turbo #s.

Maybe those cams are hurting your setup? You could be blowing most of your intake charge right out the exhaust. How does your boost curve look? Might be worth it to try a set of oem k20a/z1/z3 cams in your k20 and see how it goes.

Feedback Score
    Maybe. I still have my z1 cams. Meth injection? That may be where the power comes in. My car has a worked skunk 2 with HR 74mm TB. I would hate to know that I put that money in to a set of cams when stock would pull better numbers. I'll definitely look in to all the details. Maybe I should try meth injection. Was going to run the E85 and see where that got me. At the moment I'm trying to get the body together and perhaps a set of track dedicated coilovers. If I make much more power then I may run in to other issues...namely the trans. I do think I'm making too low for what I have in it. Was thinking I should have gotten close to five hundred but I'll definitely look in to it.

Feedback Score
    Generally speaking- your right. The old school jrsc kits generally don't make as much power because they are not overly efficient. My kit has been rebuilt and ported for higher rpm usage, and is helped along by an aftercooler and a meth injection kit. I also use e85 along with pump gas. To date- I have not seen any one else, k20 or k24, make more than mine in stock form.

Your rotrex setup is the future though. It's small, light weight, and full of power potential. A little bit of tweaking and reworking and you could easily be up in the 500whp range. I think once I'm satisfied I've gotten the most out of my jrsc I'm gonna go the kraftwerks route

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    Maybe. I still have my z1 cams. Meth injection? That may be where the power comes in. My car has a worked skunk 2 with HR 74mm TB. I would hate to know that I put that money in to a set of cams when stock would pull better numbers. I'll definitely look in to all the details. Maybe I should try meth injection. Was going to run the E85 and see where that got me. At the moment I'm trying to get the body together and perhaps a set of track dedicated coilovers. If I make much more power then I may run in to other issues...namely the trans. I do think I'm making too low for what I have in it. Was thinking I should have gotten close to five hundred but I'll definitely look in to it.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86410

Take a look- this thread has a TON of good info for you. It'll get you where you want to be.

Feedback Score
    thinking of uprading to new kpro v4 does anyone know does it anything like boost by gear for supercharged car? want to limit boost 1st and 2nd gear.. i know boost cant be altered on belt driven supercharger but this new v4 might have something to retard timing to help traction

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by beppe View Post
    thinking of uprading to new kpro v4 does anyone know does it anything like boost by gear for supercharged car? want to limit boost 1st and 2nd gear.. i know boost cant be altered on belt driven supercharger but this new v4 might have something to retard timing to help traction
    Look up vit vipers website. He has a bbg for supercharged cars.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    I checked him out and I think my numbers are on the low side. Pete, what were you making on k20? I'm getting greedy for more. Lol

Feedback Score
    Blu, I read through that thread. Pretty cool stuff. I hope to get it all sorted this summer.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2030 ... LastLast