Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell 8thcivic and hello 5.0

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Friends of mine have them. 12.70-12.90's stock. Not a bad platform to start with that's for sure.

If ford didn't use "vtec" you'd still be in the 13's-14's.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Congrats on the new ride.. not my cup of tea but to all their own...
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Sad to see the Si go, and congrats on the new mustang! Thanks.for staying on the forum, but I'm with Adam though. I see where this is going and I feel the same as post #2.

So, to get it over with: All I have to say is my insurance is cheaper, I get better gas mileage, and have a faster car than you do. And i've spent less overall than you have. And my car is a daily, as wel as a hell of a sleeper and suer quiet. But, I have to worry about my car being stolen as theives love Hondas, so I have an expensive alarm system to help me sleep at night.

I wouldn't mind a new 5.0 though, they are fun cars! Looks nice too. I raced one with intake, full exhaust, tune, and drag radials and I was at 9psi with street tires. From a 10mph roll we were dead even till 100. And I was mid-datalog, so I wasn't even fully tuned. 17psi wouldve been a much different story, lol.
    ya i was sad to see the SI go too, but sometimes in life we have to do things we dont want to do.

you have me on the mpgs, but my ins isnt bad at all. i have full coverage, gap for under 100. you are turbo and you should be quick but im stock. i ran 12.9@110. anyone can say their faster than a stock car but once my blower goes on its a whole different story. whoever you raced was basically stock. on these cars through my research i have found that an intake and their crappy bama tune doesnt give much hp. the stock intake and header are designed very well. if a new stang wants real gains they need to go boost. if you raced a supercharged stang you wouldnt have a chance in hell. you spent a lot of money on your ride just to keep up with a stock stang or mildly modded stang.

i have a hell of a platform to work off of. you may have spent less than me but we all get what we pay for. you have less options/power than me and your car is older. not saying anything bad about your ride but just the differences.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksboi View Post
    Nice car! Let me know if you need parts but those new mustangs are not as fast as advertised. The same year SS camaro will whoop them. Ditch the catalytic converters and run 3" exhaust.
    not true.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Good luck hope to see ya soon I love shitting all over Mustangs every chance I get in my lil Honda
    i bet you make them v6 stang owners mad

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    farewell civic, n i love whooping on those new mustangs modded...

Last edited by monjarassi; 10-16-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Haha. I love this thread. Though. You have a blower for the car yet?
    Tire slayer

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    farewell civic, n i love whooping on those new mustangs modded...

Made it look to easy on em. Lmaoooo
    Tire slayer

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post
    ya i was sad to see the SI go too, but sometimes in life we have to do things we dont want to do.

you have me on the mpgs, but my ins isnt bad at all. i have full coverage, gap for under 100. you are turbo and you should be quick but im stock. i ran 12.9@110. anyone can say their faster than a stock car but once my blower goes on its a whole different story. whoever you raced was basically stock. on these cars through my research i have found that an intake and their crappy bama tune doesnt give much hp. the stock intake and header are designed very well. if a new stang wants real gains they need to go boost. if you raced a supercharged stang you wouldnt have a chance in hell. you spent a lot of money on your ride just to keep up with a stock stang or mildly modded stang.

i have a hell of a platform to work off of. you may have spent less than me but we all get what we pay for. you have less options/power than me and your car is older. not saying anything bad about your ride but just the differences.
    Well, I've also run a 2011 supercharged & intercooled camaro SS from 30-130 and I was about 5 cars in front by the 130. Just saying. Had to let it out from the UPS trailer pic.

The new stangs are fast though, toss some drag radials on there and tear it up!! Hope you stay as a member, you should keep this build thread updated!!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Haha I smoke s/c cobras with out a problem "from a dig" , amg s and most cars that pull next to me I was approached by mustang guy at the drag strip (MIR) asking where I was from only to be told I smoked his 10.40 sec 1/4 mustang when they were in my town for a car show and that was on a stock bottom end haha I dont have the fastest car on earth but I know when to pick a fight and you my friend are out of your league talking to guys with turbo k 20 s !! I would bet my life on it that I'd smoke that wagon you bought lmao

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast