Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: K swap components

Feedback Score

K swap components

I'm looking to piece together a spare K20. When piecing a motor together is it easy to forget small things and have them left out? Or is it better to just buy a motor complete? When buying a head how do you know if its from any of the "real" k20s or if its off of a k20a3? And lastly what is a good price to end up spending on this spare motor minus the upgraded piston and rods that would most likely changed?
    Thanks in advance!

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    c&p from honda tech
    http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2894917
    engine pricing varies depending on mileage ,condition , seller , components included with it and the time of year .A lot of variables come into play just try to buy from a reputable person when possible

Feedback Score
    Niiice thanks for the link man. But on any given time of yr what would u expect to be good prices? I know there's a lot of variables but on avarage maybe?

Feedback Score
    Well again it depends but a good swap can cost 1500 to 5000 depending on what comes with it .Right now is a good time to be looking summer is over , drag racing season is almost over , the holidays are coming and the economy is Poop .If its just the engine then 750 - 1500 depending on the mileage but a full swap will cost a lot more lurk all the forums now and in the near future as part out season it upon us !

Feedback Score
    What's the difference between using a oem harness and a hybrid or other aftermarket harness?

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tucked pretty much. Oem isn't extended to hide wires or other things. An a mil spec connector if your a baller.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fre$h si View Post
    I'm looking to piece together a spare K20. When piecing a motor together is it easy to forget small things and have them left out? Or is it better to just buy a motor complete? When buying a head how do you know if its from any of the "real" k20s or if its off of a k20a3? And lastly what is a good price to end up spending on this spare motor minus the upgraded piston and rods that would most likely changed?
    Thanks in advance!
    Just start by getting all seals and then work your way up. I got a spare block i am going to build for boost! You can get a full motor minus tranny from 600 and up it just depends on how bad you wanna pay but most people you can knock them down a few 100.

Feedback Score
    I got a z1 about 2 weeks ago for 1300 complete (i hope that's a good deal, some ppl be wantin like 2k!) but it came complete long block with all the sensors, oil pan, alternator, starter, ac, ps pump,im,tb and fuel rail

Probably gonna need kpro soon, i still gotta text Chris bout the harnesses I keep forgetting

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How many miles? I just paid 1,000 for a long block k24a2.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    U lucky ass, it was claimed to be 90k but looking at the build up on it looks like alot more, but building it anyways so I don't think it matters much. Did u get all the extra stuff with it too?

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast