Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Boosted K24A2 Ep3

Feedback Score
    lol a 225/50 is the same height as 205/55. i need ground clearance because 3" exhaust has no tunnel to hide in.

Feedback Score
    Is it really? hmm.. And yea I remember someone saying there isn't much exhaust room for a 3" on the ep3's. Hows the build coming?

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i ran a 3' exhaust on my 1st turbo setup and rode around prety low with no problems. There is room... i can vouch for that

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    i ran a 3' exhaust on my 1st turbo setup and rode around pretty low with no problems. There is room... i can vouch for that

im on s-techs and scrape with the mid-pipe tucked as close as it can go. we both know for a fact there is about 2-3 ft of pipe that doesn't have a tunnel.

maybe its a cali thing. the speed bumps means i can't park any closer.
    Last edited by AKEP; 12-31-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Feedback Score
    got a cc stg 4 clutch, just broke it in last night, oem clutch was letting go on 7psi with the tires.
    trying to fab a catch can setup.
    gunna install my fuel pump and start piecing together a return style setup.
    might pick up an a1 head here soon to swap out the k24a2 casting with.
    along with some ARP hardware.
    sending out my spare manifold and tb to maxbore, then my rbc and another tb.
    got type s brake conversion, powdercoated and rebuilt, just waiting on pads and rotors.

goal is to finish this by end of summer.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's a strong update man. Keep up the progress.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    so hit a deer and a change of plans. out the pocket $3000 so far on repairs. could have been a new manifold and turbo and fuel system by now. haven't got anything done yet, this happened a week after my last update. (i did cop a jdm bumper though...)

Lots of new plans, too much to list, it involves a precision 5758, new fuel system, a new(er) built head, manifolds, intercooler, and possible forged rods and pistons. found out my tsx block has a forged crank already. maybe z3 pump or erl modified, maybe not.

might pick up another tranny for backup too. trying to source k24 arp pieces without using my connections. i think i'll have to on this one.

the finer details are still a bit blurry, if anything im pretty dead set on the new manifold and turbo. the fuel has to come with it. building the bottom will cost me about as much as the fuel system, whether i want to actually take the bottom end apart is beyond me and dependent on what my situation is at the time. I have a semi sponsor kinda thing going on so i'm getting a pretty good deal on it all for the most part. might end up with no bottom end parts beyond headstuds, a fully sleeved bottom end, or something in between. who knows. of course i'll keep this updated if/when anything happens. its going slow right now.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    so hit a deer and a change of plans. out the pocket $3000 so far on repairs. could have been a new manifold and turbo and fuel system by now. haven't got anything done yet, this happened a week after my last update. (i did cop a jdm bumper though...)

Lots of new plans, too much to list, it involves a precision 5758, new fuel system, a new(er) built head, manifolds, intercooler, and possible forged rods and pistons. found out my tsx block has a forged crank already. maybe z3 pump or erl modified, maybe not.

might pick up another tranny for backup too. trying to source k24 arp pieces without using my connections. i think i'll have to on this one.

the finer details are still a bit blurry, if anything im pretty dead set on the new manifold and turbo. the fuel has to come with it. building the bottom will cost me about as much as the fuel system, whether i want to actually take the bottom end apart is beyond me and dependent on what my situation is at the time. I have a semi sponsor kinda thing going on so i'm getting a pretty good deal on it all for the most part. might end up with no bottom end parts beyond headstuds, a fully sleeved bottom end, or something in between. who knows. of course i'll keep this updated if/when anything happens. its going slow right now.
    Wow, didn't see that coming. Then again, no one does. I'm glad you have your head up high and plan to have a fun build in store, I hope all goes well! Keep us updated man

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Man its hard finding a shop that will just replace the radiator support. still have no front end and im paying cash. its like no one wants to get paid. no wonder our economy sucks. people are too lazy to make money.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast