Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Boosted K24A2 Ep3

Feedback Score
    just stock tires, 205/55-16. going to go with some potenza's @ 225/50-16. going to make a cold air intake and make it work with a mugen air duct for the jdm front bumper. going to upgrade to a gt3071r or 35r and a top mount tubular manifold and 3" down pipe here next summer or spring. and get a 6 puck sprung. arp head studs. probably just going to run that until the motor gives if it ever does. and i found something out thats kind of a huge secret to the motor so i gotta get that done too. going for low boost and high numbers next year. depending how that holds me over as far as drivability with that much power and grip, i'll start upping the fuel system to bigger injectors and/or return style fuel rail and go to e85.

hopefully thats all i need for a 300-500hp dd lol.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    just stock tires, 205/55-16. going to go with some potenza's @ 225/50-16. going to make a cold air intake and make it work with a mugen air duct for the jdm front bumper. going to upgrade to a gt3071r or 35r and a top mount tubular manifold and 3" down pipe here next summer or spring. and get a 6 puck sprung. arp head studs. probably just going to run that until the motor gives if it ever does. and i found something out thats kind of a huge secret to the motor so i gotta get that done too. going for low boost and high numbers next year. depending how that holds me over as far as drivability with that much power and grip, i'll start upping the fuel system to bigger injectors and/or return style fuel rail and go to e85.

hopefully thats all i need for a 300-500hp dd lol.
    Share the bold!!

There's a big difference from a 3071R and a 35R, but I would go external if at all possible IMHO. Don't go tubular and internal, works best with external because of the AMAZING flow characteristics of a tubular mani. And return is a good idea, but how would you proof the sender for e85?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    There is a huge difference between a 300hp marker and a 500hp marker lol Thats a huge gap.

Man a 225 is pretty narrow. I'd be slapping as much tire as I can. I just got myself some 255's for the front on a 17".

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea I run 235/45 17's and I spin 3rd at 398whp. 500whp your lookin to spin 4th on a 205-225

I'm going to run a 255 front an rear once I get some rpf1's to slap em on.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Share the bold!!

There's a big difference from a 3071R and a 35R, but I would go external if at all possible IMHO. Don't go tubular and internal, works best with external because of the AMAZING flow characteristics of a tubular mani. And return is a good idea, but how would you proof the sender for e85?
    the secret is valves but thats all i can share

yeah i know there is, i did the math and i need a 35r. i don't know how the evoX snail flows just yet but the idea is that it spools super low and is able to make a TON of power up high. AND they have a GTX upgrade for it from ATP. Not sure what you mean by "proof" for the sender?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    There is a huge difference between a 300hp marker and a 500hp marker lol Thats a huge gap.

Man a 225 is pretty narrow. I'd be slapping as much tire as I can. I just got myself some 255's for the front on a 17".
    Yeah was going going to have a low/high boost setting in kpro, for those sneaky sneaky times. Right now all i have for my rims are my rota track-r's and they're only 7" wide. i figure with better rubber i'll have a little more grip for what i have now. actually i sohuld have a ton more since im on 205 touring tires right now. I've driven on the new tires i want and they STICK with a GLI @ 19psi. believe me i want some fat sticky tires but that'll come with the new manifold/turbo setup.

Feedback Score
    Share the secret!! As for running a 7" wheel, you can run 235/35/17's. A few local RSX turbo guys run them no problem. Works well for traction too. Sleeper look!

Feedback Score
    damn they start to get expencive at 235/45/17. im looking at some Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport's @ 225/50/16 for $105 from tire rack, the 17's cost $50 more per tire!

plus all i have is 16's. took me a while to find these wheels so im keeping them. =]
    Last edited by AKEP; 11-29-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    50 sidewall is a bit big no? And I understand you keeping them, you should check out the widest wheels you can fit. Check out the wheel&tire calculater to see what a 235 would yield you, I would go for a 235 IMHO.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    yeah god damn 50 is a tall tire! I have a buddy rocking 235/45's and his look like monster truck tires just compared to my 235/40's

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    yeah god damn 50 is a tall tire! I have a buddy rocking 235/45's and his look like monster truck tires just compared to my 235/40's
    He's on 16's, you're on 17's. That's why. A 17 with a 50 sidewall is insane!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast