Thread: Injectors not working like they should...

Feedback Score

Injectors not working like they should...

NEED ADVICE----turbo kit is on, we installed 800cc injectors last night and the tune that was on the car that the turbo kit came off of, I know it will need adjusted, but... we are running into injector issues, 1 and 3 are not sending the amount of fuel that they should, you can listen to them, 2 and 4 thump hard, 1 and 3 are thumping lightly. All connections to the clips are good, soldered together, we put a tester in the clips with the car running and all injectors are getting the signal to spray fuel... Any ideas?

MODS ARE:

GT3076R
    Ported TSI Log Manifold
    800cc Injectors
    Stock FPR and FP
    K-Tuned Fuel Rail

---After doing more reading, wondering if my aftermarket fuel rail is the problem, especially since i dont have a return line.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah could be the fuel rail. I'd recommend putting the stock one on and see if that fixes.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First things first: You need a walbro 255 minimum to pump fuel to those injectors. Second, those injectors aren't exactly small, whether you're running a return fuel line or returnless. Either way, are these injectors brand new or used? Sounds like they need to be flow tested, because the fuel rail wouldn't select 1 and 3 to not get fuel. If it was a returnless setup with a fuel rail, cylinder 4 might be getting the least amount of fuel but that doesn't happen either unless it's a poorly designed fuel rail. I'm running the same rail, 1000cc FIC injectors, returnless. Get back to me on these things, we'll figure it out.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The rail should not be an issue unless its leaking. You may have to crush your fpr if you haven't already. Need abase fuel pressure of or around 50psi (idle). All 4 injectors will run at the same fuel pressure as long as there are no restrictions. As far as "thumping" goes for the injectors I'm not sure you can justify your issues with that description only.

Perhaps they need cleaning or like speed said, flow tested. Also how do you know they aren't getting enough fuel? Cylinder 1 will run the most lean anyways due to it getting the better flow from the intake manifold.

Keep us informed.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Just get them cleaned and rebuilt. Also if you do not have a walbro 255 and crushed fpr you are starving that motor of some fuel. I had an issue with mine to just see that it was a just dirty so I installed a new fuel strainer and inline fuel filter. Used a wix filter, its a 20 micron.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wonder what happened with this.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Find the problemo?
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011