Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5

Thread: New to k20's, looking to Turbo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Maybe you have a really bad boost leak? If you're keeping your log manifold, you're not going to fit a 6465. And why would you want a turbo that large anyway? Isn't that like a 1000hp turbo?!!
    Yea thats what the guy at compturbo said I needed. I thought a ct2 or ct3 5858, 6062, or 6262 would be plenty. And I plan on using the log mani for a while longer. I've seen them do fine up to 500hp. I'm just shooting for 400-430hp

Feedback Score
    Sry that was for oneslowfg2

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Please be aware your log manifold only has a t25 flange (very small) so that big turbo will not mount to that manifold and will not fit with an adaptor (would hit cowl) also those large turbos are designed for use with an external gate which your manifold doesn't have. And where have you seen log manifolds make 500hp on a k series?

Feedback Score
    And idt I have a boost leak. Pipes are welded. I just think that Dyno was garbage bc my car pulls a lot harder than 268. If I really have 268 than 400 will unbolt my damn seat

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What turbo manifold are you using? The leak could be in so many places, could be a loose coupler connection. Unless all your charge pipes are welded together? Which if they are, that's is honestly dumb as fuck...

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: New to k20's, looking to Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Lilwhit14 View Post
    Yea thats what the guy at compturbo said I needed. I thought a ct2 or ct3 5858, 6062, or 6262 would be plenty. And I plan on using the log mani for a while longer. I've seen them do fine up to 500hp. I'm just shooting for 400-430hp
    Bad idea.
    Please be aware your log manifold only has a t25 flange (very small) so that big turbo will not mount to that manifold and will not fit with an adaptor (would hit cowl) also those large turbos are designed for use with an external gate which your manifold doesn't have. And where have you seen log manifolds make 500hp on a k series?
    This
    And idt I have a boost leak. Pipes are welded. I just think that Dyno was garbage bc my car pulls a lot harder than 268. If I really have 268 than 400 will unbolt my damn seat
    So if your pipes are welded, theres no chance of a leak? You yave no coupler connection points, no couplers for your intercooler? No vac lines?
    What turbo manifold are you using? The leak could be in so many places, could be a loose coupler connection. Unless all your charge pipes are welded together? Which if they are, that's is honestly dumb as fuck...
    Right, what manifold are you using? Pat, my .02 is that you're being cheap in the wrong ways. You cheaped out on a turbo. No bueno. But you not only cheaped out on a turbo, but a manifold too? And now you're willing to buy a big turbo (which needs a t4 single or twin scroll flange) on a smallsmallsmall T25 flange? Not to mention the turbo won't even fit

I very strongly suggest you rethink things. We're trying to help, and you're not listening very well. You get what you pay for in every aspect of life. There are budgets and ballers, but in the end there is one timeless concept that one should always abide to:

Fast - Reliable - Cheap.
    Pick two.

If it' fast and cheap, it's not reliable. If it's reliable and cheap, it's not fast.
    If it's fast and reliable, it's not cheap.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Bad idea.

This

So if your pipes are welded, theres no chance of a leak? You yave no coupler connection points, no couplers for your intercooler? No vac lines?

Right, what manifold are you using? Pat, my .02 is that you're being cheap in the wrong ways. You cheaped out on a turbo. No bueno. But you not only cheaped out on a turbo, but a manifold too? And now you're willing to buy a big turbo (which needs a t4 single or twin scroll flange) on a smallsmallsmall T25 flange? Not to mention the turbo won't even fit

I very strongly suggest you rethink things. We're trying to help, and you're not listening very well. You get what you pay for in every aspect of life. There are budgets and ballers, but in the end there is one timeless concept that one should always abide to:

Fast - Reliable - Cheap.
    Pick two.

If it' fast and cheap, it's not reliable. If it's reliable and cheap, it's not fast.
    If it's fast and reliable, it's not cheap.
    No I'm listening. I admitted I went the cheap route. I've talked to comp turbo he said it would fit. Idc at this point bc I'm about to trade it with a guy for an s2000. Want something rwd. Probably end up doing a k20 swap in it and turbo it the right way this time around considering this was the first time and it was a learning experience.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: New to k20's, looking to Turbo

No I'm listening. I admitted I went the cheap route. I've talked to comp turbo he said it would fit. Idc at this point bc I'm about to trade it with a guy for an s2000. Want something rwd. Probably end up doing a k20 swap in it and turbo it the right way this time around considering this was the first time and it was a learning experience.
    Kswapped turbo s2k would be awesome, but know that their rears/diffs are glass. Either way, keep us updated and remain a member!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Yea. I just want something rwd but wanna stay with honda. It's got 142k miles on it but its guna be a daily and that's it for a year or two

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wouldn't trust the guy at comp telling you it will fit. Not that he doesn't know what he's talking about turbo wise, but I doubt he knows anything about this chassis specifically. Also why k swap an s2000? The f motor that is in it, is really strong and makes great power as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5