Thread: D.I.Y Bumper Tab Fixing

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score

D.I.Y Bumper Tab Fixing

So I came up with an idea and so far it is working. Nothing is more frustrating and annoying then the famous broke bumper tabs!! :firemad::firemad::firemad:

So I went and bought a new bigger soldering gun with a big flat tip designed for smoothing in mind

Here is the really bad side you can see is completely broken...

first step is remove the paint around the tab. I just melted it off. Now I'm using plastic I cut off from the bottom of the bumper where you can't see. This bumper is so cut up from the intercooler we'll never notice lol

basically I just cut a slit of plastic and I'm going to use it like a solder stick!
    I start melting both side of the tabs and melting my stick of plastic

Now it will look crazy at first!

but we can keep melting it down and shaping it and forming it.

You need to though take breaks and let the plastic reharden and form. Then keep melting it into shape

I also on the other side melted over the hole so to fix that I use a nail

then kept working around it

but basically I just fused the plastic together and shaped it and smoothed it and kept the original shape as best as I could. Let it cool down and harden and you could feel the strength. We tested it out and taking it on and off it still breaks from pressure but once we put it on we went out driving and she never broke once.

So if you plan on pulling your bumper all the time like me plan on probably heating up the plastic a couple of more times. But it does work as a great solution if you do it once and leave it alone!!
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    Awesome! I've been pondering how to fix my bumper tab! Props for the ingenious idea!

Feedback Score
    Damn great idea. I tried the bond the washer to the plastic it did not work for me since the tabs was to gone. Also they do make something like plastic weld my brother uses it on his bumpers. Its like a plastic fiber glass.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I want to try the plastic weld next time around

sent via spazatalk
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This really is an awesome idea. I used PlastiFix, it's a powder that turns into plastic when you apply a specific chemical to it (comes in the kit). Worked really well, but this free DIY idea is great! Repped for ingenuity

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Spaz again.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build