Thread: ROTM August 2012 Winner: Si Speed 317

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ROTM August 2012 Winner: Si Speed 317

Si Speed 317's BoostedK20 Si

This is Dan's 2007 Honda Civic Si Coupe, better known as "The BoostedK20 Si." This Si was built to be more than meets the eye. The initial plan for this car was to keep it a reliable, fun daily driver that can be driven hard at any time. And that's exactly what this Si stands for today. ~500whp on pump gas, perfect drivability, 30+mpg cruising, consistent normal maintenance, seats five, and is great on insurance.

We asked Dan how he was first introduced to cars. This was his response: "I'll never forget what got me into cars and modding. My parents bought me a red Power Wheels Jeep for Christmas when I was two years old. I would drive it multiple times a day, every day. I've always been fascinated with motors, speed, and power since I was a little kid. My father has always been deeply involved into cars, trucks, motorcycles - you name it. So, it was natural for me to be into it. The majority of toys I had and played with as a child were cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Almost every game I've ever owned for every console I've had has been about cars and racing. I used to ride a go-ped around town with my group of friends whenever it wasn't raining. I always kept my go-ped in the garage and detailed her weekly. My friends and I would always race each other. And when we split up to go home, we would secretly look up different ways we can go faster, order parts, and re-race days later without saying what exactly we changed. My father and I got a bigger carb, new jets, velocity stack to compliment my larger intake, huge power muffler - the mods kept going. As I got older, I would dream about what my first car would be - Corvette, RSX, NSX, Mustang GT/Cobra, and so on. I ended up with a Civic Si for logical reasoning: great reliability, great fuel efficiency, great looks, cheap on insurance, great sound system, very peppy, and it only comes in a 6 speed."

Dan's addiction to the car scene is strictly modding. He loves modding things - computers, cars, bicycles, anything. He loves speed, power, and functionality, he explained. As time went on, the more mods he would do. The first thing he changed on this car was the shift knob, which led to a new shift boot, which led to upgraded shifter cable bushings, which led to a short throw shifter - you see where this is going. He says that he loves the feeling of a new mod - the fun, pride, and pain of installing it yourself, the satisfaction of the finished product, and the never-ending enjoyment of your new upgrade. And with todays technology, there are new upgrades being introduced all the time!

The main inspiration for this build is purely enjoyment. He enjoys and appreciates the fact that he has some uncommon and super rare details of his car that you easily miss. For example, the one-off custom made top mount turbo manifold by SRT, the jet-black Mercedes paint, or the wrinkle black HKS SSQV blow-off valve with purple powdercoated nuts and bolts to match the wrinkle black/purple accent theme of his engine bay - this car has been modded to his standards and his standards alone. Whether you love it or hate it - it doesn't matter to him at all. He set this car up to handle anything that can be thrown at it, and be daily driven. Dan says "The satisfaction I have gotten over the years makes me appreciate my Si so much more than words could ever express. There is never a dull moment. If I'm ever having a bad day, hearing my turbo spool immediately puts a smile on my face. And when I boost - even if only for a second - I'm thrown in my seat and everything loose in my car flies back. And that's just in a straight line. The car is insane in the curves. I have practically every suspension component in my car upgraded - coilovers with track-inspired spring rates, sway bars, H brace, strut bars - the works. And I've put the car to the test many times - track days, canyon runs, etc. What really makes me smile is that I've done almost everything myself or with the help of close friends. And I'm glad I couldn't do certain things myself, such as tuning, bodywork/detailing, and powdercoating. That gave me the chance to meet people who have a love for cars like I do, and treated my car as they would their own. Top notch quality, amazing customer service/appreciation, and friends I will have for a lifetime."

Future plans for the BoostedK20 Si include a built transmission, built motor, and Hondata's Traction Control when it's released. "I would like to take this opportunity to send a HUGE thank you to everyone that has helped me get to this point: My family, Brian Zura, Carlo Gampero, Vitaliy Mikitchenko, Adam Winters, Mike Spencer, Michael Baumann, Jay Mallison, E-Tunez, Big "A" Detailing, Ronnie Corado, Silokin Automotive, BoostedK20.com, and everyone else that's been a part of the process. It's been a long journey, and it's not over yet. But this is definitely a check-point worth mentioning. From the custom one-off parts to the Mercedes paint - and everything in between- this package is one I'm definitely proud of."

Dan also wanted us to include this in his ROTM feature: "Paint preparation is the one thing that can make an amazing car into a miraculous car, and I have to send out another big thank you again to Big "A" Detailing for the phenomenal job he did." Link to the detail thread will be posted right here shortly, so check back soon!

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    Congratulations!! This car really is an amazing ride. Fully functional while maintaining killer looks. Definitely a neck breaker, and I absolutely LOVE the write up. Great interviewer to whoever did it. Many kudos to you!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Congrats on winning ROTM. One clean ass car. Keep up the great work Dan!
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    congrats....very clean

Learning, Working, and Boosting! Apprentice Raizo777's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    Congrats, Bro! One Sick SI right there!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    congrats