Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 414

Thread: 91' NSX Rejuvenation build

Feedback Score
    Whats up guys?

Its been a while since ive checked into see the builds going on and to update my page.

The car has been sitting comfortably all winter, I did make an uneeded purchase however. I picked up a pair of Mint Recaro SR3 ITR seats in red. They too are being stored until we move home next summer. Hopefully east coast but I doubt I can get 3 postings to the east, fingers crossed.

Onto the cozy coupe. It is basically a self propelled push car where the kid can sit and and Fred Flinstone it around the yard. I slammed it on its face, added a wide body kit to and a Ferrari steering wheels. I had to add a push bar to the rear as Flinstoning it is now out of the question.

My daughter loves it and soon my son will be big enough to crawl into it.

Last edited by 06_typeS; 04-11-2016 at 05:49 AM.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

Feedback Score
    Figure after a year plus I should update the thread.

In August I will be returning to the same base that I was at prior to moving to Europe. SO that means that I do not have far to travel to pick up the NSX. Something like 50 days before I get to drive it, so I am excited for that.

After settling into the new house I will put the NSX up on stands and do a through inspection of all components. After sitting still off/on for 4 years I am sure there is something that will need to be addressed.

First things first, I need to send off the CCU to get re-soldered as I have zero climate control. The CCU is a weak part on the older NSXs and over time the solders crack.

The headers/o2 sensors still need to go on, rear valance as well.

I purchased a slightly used Stoptech rear BBK from Cody @ LoveFab but still need to find the ebrake brackets first before installing. Fronts are red, and rears are black.

I need to find a pair of Bride seat rails in order to install the DC2R seats. Interior leather pieces need to either be redyed or replaced with the proper color.

Fender repair and front end respray over the winter I am hoping.

I also am bringing back the Del Sol I have here which will be the daily for myself while the NSX is put up.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 06_typeS View Post
    Figure after a year plus I should update the thread.

In August I will be returning to the same base that I was at prior to moving to Europe. SO that means that I do not have far to travel to pick up the NSX. Something like 50 days before I get to drive it, so I am excited for that.

After settling into the new house I will put the NSX up on stands and do a through inspection of all components. After sitting still off/on for 4 years I am sure there is something that will need to be addressed.

First things first, I need to send off the CCU to get re-soldered as I have zero climate control. The CCU is a weak part on the older NSXs and over time the solders crack.

The headers/o2 sensors still need to go on, rear valance as well.

I purchased a slightly used Stoptech rear BBK from Cody @ LoveFab but still need to find the ebrake brackets first before installing. Fronts are red, and rears are black.

I need to find a pair of Bride seat rails in order to install the DC2R seats. Interior leather pieces need to either be redyed or replaced with the proper color.

Fender repair and front end respray over the winter I am hoping.

I also am bringing back the Del Sol I have here which will be the daily for myself while the NSX is put up.
    Welcome back! Quite the update. Seems like a strong list and a good mindset going in to check on the car. Keep us updated!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 414