Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast

Thread: VTECFRED 500+HP Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECFRED View Post
    Happened last time I got on the dyno with a different vendor. They did all the rwd first then moved the ramps to the other side of the dyno for fwd.

My son said the dyno read 572HP but then the guy clicked something and changed it to 475HP so I'm going to call and ask if that's true.

Sent using my Galaxy S3
    Damn that sounds like the number It should hit being as your at 470's on 15lbs.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score

Re: VTECFRED 500+HP Build

Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Hold on. You broke 4th again?! And why do you have such bad compressor surge/flutter in that video afer the pull?

Also, meg, are you implying that Rosie O'Donnell can't drive?
    I didn't see this question. I have a hks ssq 3 blow off valve that's how it sounds I was told. There may be a small amount of compressor surge at low boost or right after blow off.

Sent using my Galaxy S3

Feedback Score

My hybrid racing timing chain tensioner broke. I do not believe it jumped time. I have recovered all the pieces from my oil pan and oil pick up.

Hybrid sent me a new and improved version of their k series tensioner.

The problem is I have to pull the motor because it looks like the top bolt to the timing chain guide on the left came loose and has been moving around and ruined the threads.

Sent using my Galaxy S3

Feedback Score
    Wow, how does that happen? Glad to see they sent you a new one. What's so special about the new one vs their old one?

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It has a silver knob

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin_VTEC View Post
    Wow, how does that happen? Glad to see they sent you a new one. What's so special about the new one vs their old one?
    I asked hybrid to explain.

" The silver plug is pressed in and is retained with a spiral retaining ring. What makes this unit much different from the last one is that the retaining ring is held in a double blind groove. The last unit used a typical groove in the bore. That lead to high frequency pulsations ejecting the ring and eventually the plug too. We had issues finding the exact cause that lead to the pulsations as the ring manufacturer didnt have much helpful data. we were, however, able to remedy the issue. The double blind groove prevents such ejection issues."

Sent using my Galaxy S3

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Solid. Good to know. Hows progress?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Solid. Good to know. Hows progress?
    I'm going to try and pull the timing cover with the motor still in the car. If I'm successful then I can start driving it again and then focus on breaking down the new Transmission I bought so I can send the gears off for treatment.

Sent using my Galaxy S3

Feedback Score
    I wish you the best of luck with getting that cover off while its in the car, but i just don't think it will be possible, keep us updated though! Also hit me up if you ever have a trans question, its daunting at first but super simple after you dive in!!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
    I wish you the best of luck with getting that cover off while its in the car, but i just don't think it will be possible, keep us updated though! Also hit me up if you ever have a trans question, its daunting at first but super simple after you dive in!!
    I have said my prayers bro lol and yes I am procrastinating on the Transmission
    It looks complicated and I know it will be a month between disassembly and assembly so lots of time to forget stuff.

Keep your PM box clear my friend because I will have questions hehe
    Sent using my Galaxy S3

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast